“Warm, inviting and intimate...perfect for my birthday!”

The Riverboat Landing
Ranked #130 of 668 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Water
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Warm, inviting and intimate...perfect for my birthday!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Our first time here definitely won't be the last! My husband and I dined at the Riverboat Landing recently after our son gave us a gift certificate as a birthday surprise. Our waitress, Laura, was so attentive and it was a delight to have her taking care of us. We ordered the clam chowder as well as the Greek salad for my husband and the Avocado & Tomato salad for myself...both portions were very generous and so tasty! My salmon was hot and juicy on the inside with a slight crispness to the outside, nestled next to a generous serving of mashed potatoes with chunks of lobster and mushrooms, then garnished with tender-crisp asparagus spears. A memorable meal but no room for cake! I especially enjoyed the quiet atmosphere ( no loud music or bright lights to detract from the ambiance) and not feeling rushed to be served by the waitstaff as is common at some of the larger restaurants in this area. The final surprise was when Laura took our picture with her phone and sent it off to our son in Maine...apparently they were communicating to be sure "the parents" were having a good time.

• Visited March 2014

Wilmington, North Carolina
“The Riverboat Landing Restaurant in Wilmington, NC ~ Dining in “First Class””
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I come here often in which the restaurant takes you a step back in Wilmington history of the mid 1860’s while enjoy wonderful “First Class” dining pleasure at it’s top very best. The building dates back before the Civil War which the dining lets you feel the history in it’s dining area, the bar or the outside balconies that over look the famous Cape Fear River. To see Wilmington is the feel Wilmington in dining at its wonderful views it has to offer.
The Restaurant also honors the Captain John N. Maffitt; believe to be the real Rhett Butler fame, during The American Civil War and one of the Family on its wall telling the story of the largest family in Wilmington history. Wright Family, part of them, was cousins to the Maffitt family after the Civil War in making it even larger after the Civil War. Robert S. Maffitt who was born & raised in Wilmington was very goods friends of Amelia Earhart (photo is there). A must see while in the area along the famous Cape Fear River and the famous boardwalk.

Robert D. Maffitt
Ambassador of Wilmington, North Carolina

• Visited March 2014
Kernersville, North Carolina, United States
“Great experience”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Visited on 2/16/14 for a late Valentine dinner and we weren't disappointed. Even though it was unusual busy for this time of year the service and food was great. Our server, Kevin, was great at making you feel comfortable and at home and had an excellent knowledge of the menu. As usual the food was fantastic and given in generous portions. This was an overall A+ experience and will be back.

2 Thank Jason B
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Splendid little lunch spot...”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The location is fabulous, with balcony seating available on warm days, and comfortable in-door dining as well.
The lunch menu is innovative, delicious, and the best bang for your buck. I have been back several times.
We were, however, disappointed with their dinner menu, as we felt that while it was good, it wasn't as unique or innovative as the lunch menu, and over-priced to boot.
Got a much better dinner value around the corner at Circa 1922 with a better meal for the same price.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank A A
London, Canada
“Worth the visit”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went there today. My wife and I both had the clam chowder. Tasty but a tad salty. I had the fish and chips. Fish was good, the chips were savoury and very good. My wife had the caprese salad which was the best part of the meal. The mix of buffalo mozzarella with the tomato and avocado seasoned with pesto and balsamic was pretty awesome. The service was prompt and pleasant. Her name was Kate. Suggest you give it a try!

• Visited February 2014