“Worth the visit.”

The Riverboat Landing
Ranked #123 of 673 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Water
“Worth the visit.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Based on location alone, this place is worth it. If you can hold out and eat around 8:00 or a little later you and your sweetheart can walk in and get a balcony table overlooking the Cape Fear River. Otherwise you may want to make reservations. Food is a bit pricey but it is good. The view is worth the extra money.

• Visited July 2013

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“I wanted to like it”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Riverboat is located in a beautiful historic building with great views of the sunset over the battleship and Cape Fear river. You can sit at a balcony table as we did and people watch or enjoy a magnificent southern sunset. What you can't do is expect any food or service that is remotely above average. Though seated outside in August, we had to remind our waiter 3 times we would like some water. Our bar drinks, bread and even our crab dip app arrived before water. I ordered lobster risotto and my wife had the shrimp fra diavolo. My food tasted good. The lobster, mushrooms and sauce all were good, but the Arborio rice was so grossly overcooked that it clumped together in a sticky almost inedible mass. What a waste of such a tasty shellfish. My wife's pasta and shrimp were perfectly cooked and there was plenty of pepper, otherwise the dish was bland and tomatoes tasted canned. Overall, a great location can't make amends for inattentive service and poorly prepared food. Pick another spot - there are many close by.

• Visited August 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Good food, wonderful atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to eat lunch here before leaving town. We were seated immediately and chose the private balcony facing the river. It was wonderful to people watch, stare out across the water, feel the cool breeze, and enjoy each other's company. Food was good, service was great, but I think we would prefer the dinner menu. Will be back.

• Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very good surprise”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were so tired, hot and sore from the horse drawn trolley and sightseeing. Looked in the window and saw padded seats in the bar. It turned out to be be a good surprise. Bartender was friendly, Informative and right on with his recommendations for lunch. My husband had the crab cake sandwich with fries. I had their housemade chicken salad croissant and salad with a citrus vinaigrette. They were both excellent. After lunch he gave us directions to Southport and told us to take ferry back to Carolina Beach. Great idea, the ferry was about four dollars and the trip over was super. Stop by, sit in the bar and hope you get same bartender we had.

Visited July 2013
Morganton, North Carolina
“Amazing food, great view, awesome experience!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I had dinner on the trip to Wilmington this past weekend. We had reservations and sat on a private two person balcony for dining overlooking the Harbor and Battleship North Carolina. What a beautiful setting! We had an amazing meal. Mark had a Ribeye he loved and I had a delicious Tuna Steak. Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013