“I love seafood!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My favorite food of all time is seafood so where ever I go I try to go to the resturant that the locals recommend. Hieronymus is it! The food is good and the prices are ok. When in Wilmington I try to go there. two words yummy yummy!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went to the Hieronymus seafood restaurant for dinner and the staff was wonderful, the restaurant was very clean with very beautiful decor. Wonderful and tasty just starts to describe the food! The food was very fresh with lots of flavor. I really hope to go back for a second time!

1  Thank Fcafc
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I dined at Hieronymus Seafood this past Saturday. We had a very long wait due to a lot of visitors from out of town for Saint Patrick's Day and a marathon on Wrightsville Beach. Our server was spread too thin. He overlooked empty tea glasses and neglected to bring one of my side dishes.

However...the food was incredible! We will definitely visit again soon and hope it will be a little less busy.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went there for dinner. The food reasonably priced and fresh. When we walked in the bar area was hopping (NCAA basketball). We started with a dozen oysters which were awesome. They were fresh and expertly shucked. We ordered grilled entrees and thought they were out of this world. The Scallops were the best I have ever had and the grilled flounder was great as well. They homemake the ranch dressing for the salad and they have a nice wine selection. We will definately go back.

1  Thank Obrien2012
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel staff said it was very good, and a "restaurant of the year". I expected to be blown away, but that was not to be. First impression, the interior was rather dark and old-fashioned and the tables had seashells under glass! The staff were friendly and attentive. Most menu offerings tended on the fried side, but I ordered a combo platter of broiled flounder and scallops. To my request for "no salt", my waitress came back with "I'll see if they can do that". Rather strange on a broiled order, no? When the dish came, the scallops were excellent, but the flounder was inedibly mushy- a normal consequence of broiling without salt, the waitress told me! Believe that and I have a bridge to sell you! However, she did offer a replacement, so I chose the broiled shrimp. They came heavily fried, breaded and salty. The waitress offered to redo the order, but I just paid up (no discount offered) and left.

1  Thank Lawrence B