“Nice place. Food was not bad - but not great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #344 of 666 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Fort Myers, Florida
“Nice place. Food was not bad - but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Originally our plans were to go to Nicola's Italian restaurant. Got there - closed on Mondays. Our GPS suggested another Italian place, got there - it was now Mexican. Other Italian restaurants the GPS listed were chains like Carrabas, Romanos, etc. We wanted something local, so off to Giorgio's it was. Very hard to locate - the GPS landed us at some high-dollar Italian place. They kindly pointed us in the direction of Giorgio's.

My wife had the Italian Trio. She'd rate it about an 8 of 10. I ordered pasta with meat sauce. I'd rate it about a 5. My tastes favor a rich, slow-simmered sauce and this was rather bland.

Generally, the dining room was pleasant and the staff was courteous, but I come for the food and left somewhat disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Favorite Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were greeted by the friendly staff as always. There was plenty of fresh bread just after we sat down. Salads had interesting in-house dressings. Good variety on the menu. Their red sauce is perfection. We had generous portions.

• Visited June 2014
Castle Hayne, North Carolina
“EXCELLENT birthday meal!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We came in for the very first time to try the new gluten-free menu. I had the Shrimp and scallops Tarragon while my Hubby had chicken Marsala. Everything was excellent down to the freshly brewed tea. Genny was our waitress and was great. We also had the opportunity to meet David who runs a top notch establishment!!
I live here and appreciate having such a great place to eat :-)

Greenacres, Florida
“One of Wilmington's finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

My wife and I went there on Thursday April 10,2014 and had excellent meals. We arrived around 8:45 and found only one other couple there! We were concerned but the waitress said it was late and they were busy earlier. The service was very good(as it was nearly empty, could it be bad?).Both meals came out hot and were very good. We both had pastas which were very tasty and enough for more then one. We asked for more pine nuts for the pasta and they returned with a good size cup of really great nuts. The help was very friendly. We would not hesitate to go back. .

• Visited April 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“A bit of Italy... served with a smile...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great food served in generous but not overwhelming proportions. Not your typical mound of pasta with a saucy glop on top. My soup was a perfect mixture of beans and vegetables....hit the spot. Service was great and my Mojito was the best I've had yet. I will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014