“It's like being back in Germany.”
Review of The German Cafe

The German Cafe
Ranked #51 of 691 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
NC
“It's like being back in Germany.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We love Germany, so this restaurant helps us to remember our trips there. The decor and food is authentic. DO NOT LEAVE UNTIL YOU TRY THE STRUDEL! It is delicious as well as the potato salad!
Parking is easy and the staff is really nice.
This is always a go to place when we are in the area!

Visited June 2013

Leland, North Carolina
“A Cotton Exchange Treat”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

After scoping out several restaurants in the Cotton Exchange for lunch, our group of four decided on the German Cafe. Harvey's reuben had the leanest corned beef I have ever had. The lentil soup was delicious. My husband had the roast beef special sandwich which was favorful and very tender. Our friends who have a German heritage had the schnitzel sandwich and luncheon
Bratwurst platter. Both agreed the food and beer were very good.
We ate in the back room with authentic brick walls and the most atmosphere. Buy the cherry strudel for $6.00 and enjoy it later. A strudel dessert is $4.95 for a piece of strudel and whipped cream.

• Visited May 2013
Texas
“Great Service and Good Food_DvB”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I think the food was very good, but standard German food is not complex. The prices were fair and the staff was very personable. We were in a large group and the staff accomodated us quickly and capably. The beer selection offers quality German brews and the desserts are flavorful as well. This restaurant is situated in a shopping area and within walking distance of a major hotel and the river. It was not open for breakfast. I would eat there again.

Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Quaint little restaurant”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great food and a quiet meal was exactly what I was looking for. I have eaten here previously and have always gotten good value for the money.

Visited March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Sehr Gut!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The food and service in this restaurant was outstanding! I had one of the specials with bratwurst, kraut and potato salad and it was incredibly authentic and flavorful. I grew up in Wisconsin, have traveled in Germany and am of German descent -- German (especially "Bavarian") food is in my blood! Yum. My daughter and granddaughter had the schnitzel and they, too, have European travel and living experiences. They really enjoyed their meals, too. We took apple and cherry strudels back to the beach with us and shared them with the rest of the family...we fought over the last bites. Yum!

• Visited March 2013