“Outstanding German Cuisine !!”
Review of The German Cafe

The German Cafe
Ranked #43 of 685 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Outstanding German Cuisine !!”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This was our second visit and it was as good as the first !! The veal schnitzel and the latkes were prepared and presented to perfection !! The atmosphere was quite appropriate and the wait staff were superb - we will definitely go there again during future visits to the Wlmington area !!

• Visited April 2012

Wilmington NC
“Loved it!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

It's a little dark and a little cramped when very busy but the food is great and I've heard it's haunted as well. Only thing is they are closed on Mondays, make sure you call first for their hours.

Visited October 2011
Greensboro
“Great Food, a Bit Pricey”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Nice, and convenient restaurant for lunch. The Ruben sandwich rocked, but it was $8.45 which I think was a bit much for a sandwich and a little bowl of potato salad. I also had the Bratwurst Platter. It was good too, but not as good as the Ruben. The sausage was a bit bland for my taste, but there are 3 other sausages I would try. The cherry strudel was awesome and I bought enough to take home.

The service was great the first time I went there, but the second day, they seemed a bit unorganized ( like maybe they were missing someone from the staff), but the waitresses were very friendly nonetheless.

I would recommend this place.

Visited March 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A Welcome Change”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We took our son in law and three grandsons for a casual night out. We always try to avoid chain restaurants and going this place to have a very interesting feel about it. We had a table upstairs to the right. It felt more secluded and we would sit there again. I had the Rouladen Und Knodel an loved it. My son in law had the Wurst Plate and it was a winner...in fact will try that myself next time. My wife had what she thought was one of the best Reuben sandwiches ever. And we have had them at the Blackstone Hotel in Omaha where they originated. -:-)

The waitress worked with our 8 year old grandson to make a Schnizel plate for him...that he really enjoyed.

We will go back often.

1 Thank Gene H
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Best German Food in the South”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have been hearing good things about the German Cafe for years, so my girlfriend and I decide to go for dinner. The atmosphere gives the impression of an old-world cottage with brick interior and authentic cuckoo clocks! The staff is very warm, inviting and prompt. The beer selection is exceptional, mmmm Spaten! We both tried the soup of the day, a beef goulash with fresh vegetables, we both loved it and the tasty home made bread served with it. I have been back a handful of times since and their fresh daily soups are always delicious. For dinner I had the Sauerbraten and my girlfriend had the Jager schnitzel. Both were very tasty and hearty along with the german potato salad and red kraut. Make sure to save some room for their home made desserts because they are out of this world! I go at least once a week now and tell everyone to visit.

• Visited October 2011