“Creative and delicious food, great atmosphere!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Catch
Ranked #211 of 666 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Seafood
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Creative and delicious food, great atmosphere!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

When reading the menu, I was a little discouraged b/c I'll admit, I haven't even heard of a few of the ingrediants that they used in their food. However, at the bartender's recomendation (we sat at the bar the 1st time there) we tried a few things that I didn't think I would like. Duck roll appetizer - incredible! 2nd time I was there I think I had lettuce wraps - I wanted them all, hard to share it was so good! The drinks that the bartender made up for me were wonderful, but pricey!!

I had the "drunken, angry lobster" - so much food, you will have to share and the taste is a sensation, love, love, loved it! I've tried 4 different dinner selections from other people that I went here with and everything from the salad (must try the sweet potato salad!) to the appetizer, dinner, dessert, and drinks. Very pricey if you let it get pricey, drinks at $12 each add up quick!

• Visited September 2013

Wilmington, North Carolina
“overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I think you either love it or hate it. I'm not a fan. Keith Rhodes' restaurant became uber trendy after his several weeks as a food network star. I've been there for lunch twice and dinner once. I won't be going back. I have some food allergies and the spicy menu doesn't work for me. At lunch I was able to get a piece of plain broiled fish. At dinner the waitress told me "We don't have time for that."

I took visiting family for a special dinner between Christmas and New Year's. The restaurant was busy and the waitress was frazzled. I found her downright rude and unhelpful. One of our party requested a glass of port after dinner, and asked specifically for an amber port. The waitress plunked several bottles down on the table, told him to choose, and scurried off. When his glass of port arrived, it was filled with sediment. He told the waitress and she replied that it was supposed to be like that. He finally went out the bar and had the port removed from the bill.

Folks seem to like the food, and perhaps it is special, but this is a pricey place and I expect the service to be as good as the food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“ONLY REVIEW WE'VE EVER TAKEN TIME TO WRITE.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The service was fantastic. Christina was our waitress and was attentive to every need. We had the Marlborough Sauvignon blanc and block 9 Pinot noir, both were fabulous. Our appetizers were the firecracker shrimp(a much more flavorful and better version of bang bang shrimp) and blue crab claw special appetizer in a white roux. Both were phenomenal. I had the grouper special for dinner, Webb had the drunken angry lobster (see photos). The grouper special was cooked to perfection, most moist and powerful serving of grouper I've ever had. His lobster was the best lobster either of us had ever tasted. We finished with guava creme brûlée and banana creme brûlée. The guava was a fruity decadent version of creme brûlée-amazing! The banana creme brûlée tasted like a creme brûlée version of the dankest homemade banana pudding. Everything was perfect, including the salmon pimiento cheese spread for the bread. This review does not do our dinner justice, ask for Christina and don't miss out on catch!

• Visited August 2013