“The place to go”

Dockside Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 702 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Ok- grab a beer,(or few), listen to some music and hang with your family and/or friends. Its casual as most people are getting off their boats or just off the beach. Happy hour is packed. Upper and lower decks are full and its great with good weather outside. Food is good too (considering how busy it is...the kitchen must be a wreck).

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had a hard time deciding how to rate this restaurant. It's in a lovely location, on the channel, and sitting outside on the deck is wonderful. The food seemed, to me, to be overpriced "bar-type" food; although the food was well prepared. The menu is simple, and the food is quite obviously fresh. We loved the calamari appetizer, which was served with a delicious lemon aioli. The corn-crab bisque was also delicious. My husband had a crab cake sandwich, which he enjoyed; and I had the fish tacos, served with swordfish. While I liked the tacos, they needed a more-flavorful salsa or sauce to bring it over the top. We both enjoyed the Dockside, and will definitely return for snacks and drinks on the deck. If you're visiting the area, you should not miss this restaurant because the atmosphere is great.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our group was five and had to wait about 30 minutes for afternoon lunch. Great location, overlooking the channel, further, you can come with your boat for lunch or dinner.

I ordered a shrimp with grit,s which I found a little salty, but my friend ordered the same and it was not salty for him. The others in the party ordered crab cakes and found them to be large and excellent.

Definite worth the visit for the location

Reviewed July 8, 2013

After an action-packed morning, filled with golf for me and Wrightsville Beach for my wife and son, this was a much needed late-lunch outing. Sitting on the deck, overlooking the water and the constant activity of boats (and the occasional paddle-boarder) going by was great. My 3 1/2 yr old son LOVED watching the action. The meal was good, as my wife enjoyed the calamari, my sons' shrimp was good and my crab cake sandwich hit the spot. We will definitely be back, as the service was good, food was good and location unbeatable.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great place to eat on the patio and catch some rays, drinks and food with friends. They have interior seating but why the hell would you eat inside when you can watch the boats cruise by and window shop your dream vessel?

The food is always good, they do a great job with the grilled, fried, blackened seafood. Crab cake sandwiches are a favorite as well as the fresh catch (usually tuna or mahi). It's a very casual joint so I usually stick to the hands-on fare. The fries, potato and sweet are always great and the onion rings too.

Craft beers...they got 'em! Everytime I come the menu keeps getting better and better. They do nice cocktails and have a good wine list to boot.

Do it!