“I'll Never Go Back!”

Ranked #81 of 698 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Horrible service and horrible food. Waitress took 10 min to come to table. Then complained she was only one waiting in that area. Took our order, then a few other tables before putting our order in. About 15 min later, no drinks. Brought all but 1 then about 10 min later another. About 30 min waiting, I asked about our salads, she said her expo person would get them. Dinner came about 40 min later. No salads. I asked about our salad, she asked what dressings. Brought my salad, and no salad for my husband. Said she made a mistake and it did not come w/ meal. My dish was shrimp and grits. Grits were hard and lumpy, dry. Unflavored and bland. Not like traditional shrimp and grits! No drink refills were offered. My little girl asked me if she could have more milk, and I was never offered for a refill. I wanted to leave! I will never go back. This was not even crowded. Waitress was nice but made many excuses. I wish she would have asked for help if she was not able to serve our table. They took off the shrimp and grits that I did not eat, but did not see any manager, or anyone that really cared it was not good. Felt like I was ripped off. It amazed me that you can have horrible service, waitress apologizes for lack of service over and over, and then when the food is not good, asks a manager to take off, and manager does not come over and check on the table. This says so much about the place!

Reviewed December 20, 2010

Had dinner there Sat night 12-18-10. It was dead...We were seated and the server did not know what beers were on tap or in bottle. I ordered the fried fish sandwich for ten bucks with one side. I could have had a better fish sandwich from McDonalds. It was just horrible and our server was apparently sick as she sniffled multiple times during our interactions. We will never go back.

Reviewed June 1, 2010

The first change I noticed is that they don't bring their delicious hush puppies anymore. You have to request them. But they also don't inform you that they are available upon request. The next thing I noticed was the service, or lack thereof. Our server might not have been much of a multitasker, because she seemed to make many trips for one thing at a time. When the food did come, (followed by the hush puppies we requested) I noticed that my fried oyster plate included a lot of breading and 5 total oysters for $19. My friend whose meal came with a salad never did get his salad. Finally, I pointed out that I only had 5 oysters, because I wasn't sure if they gave half portions, but full portions were available upon request. They did promptly bring out 7 more good sized oysters. When I went there, I was looking forward to eating their key lime pie, but after that experience I just wanted to leave. Sitting right on the ICW wasn't worth such an ordeal.

2  Thank thisstuds4u
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Very nice view with outdoor seating on the Intercoastal Waterway.

Food was fine, but not great - liked the Carolina chowder & flounder though scallops weren't quite as good.

I rate the food slightly above average, but this is a place to come for the view.

Enjoyed my time there.

1  Thank cubfanforever
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Incredible crabcakes, best view of Wrightsville Beach. This is Jimmy Buffet's kinda place to be!

1  Thank FoodCriticYum