“Great Food in a Place with the BEST Character”

Paddy's Hollow Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #38 of 711 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We love this place! The rich, dark wood cabinets full of bar memorabilia, the bar, the seating (outside and in) are just perfect. If the food was half as good as it is, I'd still go here! BUT, the food is excellent. We got the crabcake sandwich with a choice of sides (nice selection). It was all very tasty! We like to go here every time we visit Wilmington and look forward to next time already!

2  Thank rubydoodle

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stopped in for lunch and it was good food and good staff. Sat on the outdoor patio and it was great. Husband and I split a cheeseburger and the French Dip sandwich. They were both delicious and I would recommend either.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Cold beer. And the best ribs I have had since the late 1970's. I would recommend, if you like pub restaurants, withour reservation.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This past Sunday, I came out to this restaurant around 4:20 with 4 other guests for one of our groups birthday. There were only 2 servers, both female and one other family in the restaurant. We were greeted with a roll of eyes and a "are there only five of you?" comment. Only three people out of the five in our group ordered meals and the food itself was great. The topped chicken was amazing and the onion soup was very good. The service on the other hand was terrible. Our server couldn't be bothered to get refills becasue she was too busy outside on her phone telling a friend how pissed she was that we had the nerve to come in so close to closing time. A member of our party went outside for a cigarrette after his beer and while outside overheard this phone conversation. After the server hung up her phone, our party member asked her why she was so flustered. She commented back "its almost closing time...what do you think?" Around 4:50, both of the servers began talking extremely loudly about how the other family had not tipped and how pissed they were about it. They also talked about how they couldn't believe they had to still be here because they were so tired and how much they hated having to be here. All in all, it was the most unwelcome I have ever felt in a restaurant, and I will be certain that we never return here. It was definately a birthday ruiner for our friends and I am sad to see that such irresponsible and rude people would be hired at such an amazing tourist location with such a rich history. I used to visit Paddys Hollow everytime I was in Wilmington and I had talked it up so much that even my birthday vistitors from Virginia came with us on Sunday. I am sorry to see what this place has turned in to. Best of luck with those terrible servers because some of us live locally and we will certainly not be returning.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

What a cozy atmosphere... felt like we stepped back in time & were truly in a British PUB.
All four of us enjoyed our meals although the crab bisque was a bit spicy for my taste.
Good menu with plenty of options: we had sandwiches & salads.
Large portions, good service & plenty of beer/wine choices.