“Every Dish....”
Review of Port Land Grille

Port Land Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Port Land Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 709 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Military Cutoff Road
Description: Delicious food, wine and spirits served by our welcoming and knowledgeable staff in a comfortable setting whether it be in the main dining rooms, our beautiful patio, our open kitchen / bar or even one of our private rooms. Our menu changes "Slightly Nightly" to fit the season so be sure to visit our website for current menu details. Serving Wilmington's Finest Tuesday - Saturday nights from 5:30 pm until...
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Every dish here was amazing. We originally decided to try here for the Elk we saw on the online menu (which must have been a bit dated since it wasn't offered). We started off with the chilled shrimp with a Texas Pete spiked "Bloody Mary" sauce. The sauce was awesome! My husband isn't a big fan when horseradish is used and he said this was a perfect alternative to the traditional cocktail sauce. For the main course I had the fresh local flounder. It was lightly fried and so flaky! It came with four cheese stone ground grits (yum!), ale & malt vinegar braised local collard greens (not a huge collard fan but these were great!). My husband got the sugar and spice duck. The duck breast was grilled with a spiced rub served with rice, prosciutto wrapped dates and a whole lot of other goodies and flavors. He loved it and so did I!

We really enjoyed this experience overall because it did not feel like the typical tourist spots you may find in Wilmington. We will be returning on our next visit!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I took my wife here for her birthday and I must say the food was excellent! She ordered the mahi mahi from the simple grill menu and I ordered the sirloin steak from the same menu. The steak was excellent with absolutely no fat on it and it was very tender and juicy. The mahi mahi was also excellent. We ordered the honey mashed sweet potatoes and they were also very tasty. We had a gift certificate and decided to go all out and get dessert as well. We ordered the chocolate cheese cake and it was great. The waitress was very prompt and friendly. I had requested a little extra attention to our table for my wife's birthday and they had sprinkled some small confetti on the table and had a candle and small Happy Birthday sign on the dessert. Some entrees are pricey, as much as $58. We managed to get an appetizer, two entrees, drinks, and dessert for under $90, and that was with a tip included. So, if you are looking for a classy, romantic dinner for two, I would recommend trying the Portland Grill for sure!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This place is top notch for date night. It's so romantic. The food is excellent, as are the portions. Wine list is suberb. They even have a great half bottle selection which is great if you want to do white with apps, and a pinot with dinner. I recommend their beef tenderloin. Hubs makes fun I get the same thing every time, and don't branch, but if it isn't broke, then why fix it? Sit outside and enjoy spending time with your loved one, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful menu! The filet was perfectly cooked. The rosemary potatoes were also beautifully prepared. The cost is reasonable. Excellent staff.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was in Wilmington for 3 months for work. My husband and I went here to celebrate and the food was so delicious. We both had steak and it was better than Ruth Chris. We are now back home in New Orleans, and it was our best dining experience in Wilmington. The owner also came over and chatted with us for awhile. Very friendly service and amazing food!