“3 dollar tea”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #365 of 668 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wilmington, North Carolina
“3 dollar tea”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The steak (filet was delicious and cooked perfectly-broccoli okay but seriously folks, $3.00 for a glass of ice tea???? Am I flying it first class from Ceylon or something??? Same dang tea McDonalds will give you for 1 dollar. Service not that great and it wasn't even busy in there at 3:30.

• Visited July 2014

Lilongwe, Malawi
“Great steak and service”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Had an absolutely mouth-watering 14 oz rib-eye steak last night (medium-rare), accompanied by steamed broccoli, a caesar salad, and rum/diet coke. The steak melted in my mouth and I was extremely satisfied with it. They served us warm bread (pumpernickel I believe) to start but it tasted a bit stale/old. The caesar salad could be improved upon with some fresh bacon bits or anchovies (perhaps make them optional?). But I would definitely return for another meal.

Service (by Josh) was excellent.

• Visited July 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Outback Goes the Extra Mile”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I arrived at the Outback after a day filled with so many appointments I had been unable to eat anything since breakfast. Needless to say I was starved. The parking lot was packed to overflowing but, as I made my way around the lot for the second time a young couple, arm in arm were walking toward a Ford Focus. Watching the man escort the woman to the passenger side of the car put a smile on my face to think chivalry has not yet been totally obliterated. I waited eight or ten minutes to be seated and another three or four minutes to place my order. When my food came about twenty minutes later I dove in like a hungry bear discovering a pot of honey. It was only after two or three mouthfuls, that I realized the food was absolutely stone cold. I thought about sending it back, but when a man is hungry he can eat about anything so I polished off the steak, potato and broccoli leaving barely a trace. Of course I had devoured the bread long before the meal arrived. As I waited for my check an Outback employee was talking with an elderly couple seating diagonally across from me. When he turned to leave we made eye contact, he looked at my plate and asked if I enjoyed my meal. I told him "Yes" and "No". He looked a little puzzled so I told him that the food was not even remotely hot but I had been so hungry I ate it anyway. He said he was very sorry and asked if they could get me something else. I said "No" and "I am not looking for a free meal because I obviously ate everything." He asked: "Are you sure"? I assured him and added "I can see you are very busy and I certainly understand sometimes things can go wrong, hey we are only human right"? He thanked me for being so understanding and said he hoped I would come back again. We shook hands and he walked toward the kitchen area. When I saw my waitress a few minutes later I made a motion with my right hand as if I was writing something. She came over and said, "Sir, the Manager has taken care of your check." "Really, I asked". "Yes Sir", she said. Now, I really was not looking for a free meal because I did eat all of the food put in front of me, but I was delighted to see the Outback in Wilmington was willing to go the extra mile to please a customer. The next time I'm in Wilmington I am definitely eating at the Outback.

Visited February 2014
Asheboro, North Carolina
“Slow Service”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was the worst Outback Steakhouse I have ever visited. The service was extremely slow. I had to ask for refills on water and I wasn't halfway finished with my meal. The food was good but not excellent.

Visited April 2014
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Upscale Restaurant losing its great reputation?”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

On 31 March 2014 me and my wife were in Wilmington for business and pleasure so I wanted to impress her with one of my all time fav places to get a steak! (You get one chance at a first impression) The HOSTESS upon entering did not care if she seated or waited on ANYONE. Her attitude continued the whole time we were there except when she was texting at her work station! Upon getting seated we had our male waiter take our order and he was great the whole time we were there. The food was fantastic as always and my wife had never been here so she was happy also except the climate of the staff! This was at 12:45 and most of the staff we saw were texting on there phones. When I went to the mens room I happen to see the little table where dirty dishes are placed had several cups of dipping sauce under it spilled onto the floor. The waitress should have seen it as it was next to her and within eye sight. I hate to write this but the workers are not the owners and I do not want this great place to dine to continue to go down hill.

• Visited March 2014