“Excellent Food but slow delivery”

Olive Cafe and Wine Bar
Ranked #353 of 691 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, French, Italian, Seafood, Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An Epicurean Emporium Devoted to Taste! Tapas style plates & over 200 Wines, the finest Bourbons & Scotch, along with over 45 of the finest imported brews and over 55 domestics! We are dedicated to bringing our customers the best possible experience, and for us that means great food, great drinks, and the opportunity to learn something new!
Leland, North Carolina
“Excellent Food but slow delivery”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We visited this excellent restaurant yesterday for lunch and had a wonderful experience. Ryan, behind the bar, was attentive and knowledgeable. Our salads, as usual, were quite good and well presented.

My only negative is it too long to deliver such a simple request - soup and salad. We had to ask Ryan the status of our order at one point. I believed we waited 20+ minutes for this simple entrée.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Frank O

• Finnish first
Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprisingly Great”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Had a really great meal at this simple but elegant new restaurant. Really good service. Food is beautifully presented. This restaurant is quiet and a great place to meet friends to talk over great food and wine.

Visited September 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“A little pricey but very nice atmosphere and delicious food.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Went for Sunday brunch and loved it. Live jazz made for a delightful atmosphere that made you want to stay and sip on wine or mimosas all day. Food was great. Wine selection wonderful and the menu was labeled, detailing wine types so you're sure to get just what you're looking for. The bar is open until midnight on the weekends and can't wait to check it out.

• Visited November 2013
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Yummy Mac & Cheese but sketchy service.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

When a friend suggested we try out this Cafe, I looked up the reviews and they were good for me to read as it prepared me for the extensive menu and helped me recognize the, shall we say, "rhythm of the place".

It is easily located in a large shopping area with ample parking. The space includes two rooms. One a bar and another tables and a retail counter. They also have a store where one can purchase wonderful treats of olive oil and wine - plus other useful things related to cooking/dining. Since I was on my way out of town, I didn't get the chance to purchase any wine but look forward to doing this in the future.

We were a group of friends of about six at our table and were educated by our waiter that these are "cooked to order" meals and it will take longer than average depending on the choices. And, this was the case. They do not seem to have enough staff in the kitchen to meet the needs if a larger group arrives at the same time.

My personal choice was the truffle mac & cheese which had a crunchy topping and I was not disappointed - yummy! They serve a lot of little plates but they are larger than a Tapas serving.

The service is not only slow due to the individuality of each order but also somewhat disjointed too - which made no sense. Generally when there is a delay, one will be offered a beverage and a bread basket which helps ease the wait. Also, I ordered a coffee immediately upon being seated but did not receive it for about 20 minutes and after asking several times. That was a bit of a miss, in my estimation.

However, if and when I have plenty of time, I will most likely return to try some of their interesting options. My suggestion is to look up the menu on the internet and review the choices to help in deciding what might be good as it is a bit different than many menu choices.

• Visited October 2013
Millville, MA
“Great service, great food, great gift shop”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just browsing the stores during a girls weekend, and we came across the gift shop at the Olive Café and Wine bar, which was fantastic. We were going to start looking for a place to eat and realized there was a café there too. My friend got seared tuna, and I got the goat cheese crostini. everything was very very good. Our server recommended the wine, which was also fantastic. Glad we ran into this place!

• Visited October 2013