“We Love Pubs”
Review of The Pub - CLOSED

The Pub
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Pub is the only Wilmington, NC burger restaurant to grind its own meet fresh daily on-site. Fresh just tastes better, come in to experience it for yourself! Still not convinced, took a look at the gallery for a small selection of the different burgers we create daily! FRESH JUST TASTES BETTER!
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Our visit on August 19 was our 4th visit this summer. Each time we go to UNCW, we stop by for their huge selection of beers, and nice wine too, and their Mexican foods. We like to share this unpretentious, very friendly atmosphere with others who have driven 8 hours, as we have from MD. We have never been disappointed in their offerings and the service has always been friendly and efficient with good, hot tasty food. Fish tacos, quesadillas, tacos, burgers and good fries. No, it's not as fancy as it's restaurant side, but it's not supposed to be! It's a pub, by name, and a nice relaxed place to relax after a long day! We will continue to visit each time we are at UNCW visiting our daughter and granddaughter.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

although this is called a pub, its by Sweet and Savory and that's a good thing. the Caribbean Tuna was excellent and one of my faves is the short ribs quesadilla. they also had Hoppyum and Founders all day IPA on tap which made me happy! inside you'll find a few arcade games and an iTunes juke box. sitting outside is nice and relaxing although the music Friday night was not needed. sometimes quiet and being able to catch up with friends is a good thing. also it was just too early for music, no one was paying attention.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Terrible service, all of the waiters looked dirty with these dirty high socks. But when it came to the food, I was appalled. The "side caesar salad" was just soggy lettuce, no cheese, no croutons. And the burrito with shrimp that I ordered was covered in a disgusting salsa which made the whole burrito soggy and it just fell apart. The beer selection was okay, but the bartender took a very long time finding the beers we ordered. She had to leave the bar to ask someone where to find them in the cooler. Highly disappointed. No management was around to speak with either.

Robert S, Owner at The Pub, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I am really sorry to hear about your horrible service and have spoken to my manager who was on duty that day. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention to properly speak to them about how UNACCEPTABLE it is to allow a customer like you to be treated this way. I have taken actions to rectify this and hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Ok....I gave this place a thrice chance...beings its @ the beach & all. But, NO....thrice, round........did the soup, did the "Fish " tacos, shrimp bubba...something. Best thing bout this place was beer on tap, take away pecan mini pies, keylime pies & some sort of non.gluten brownie. We ate those all the way to p.Hurst. (2.5 hrs.) I am "done here. "

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were drawn in by the huge beer selection on tap, and will be back again soon because of the great food. My quesadilla was wonderful and my husband loved his fish tacos with seared tuna. Next time we'll remember to bring change so that kids can play in the arcade. For a pub, it was kid-friendly enough that ours had a good time and loved the chips and salsa appetizer.