“Golf Trip”

Sunny Sushi & Lounge
Ranked #218 of 673 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Sushi Bar - Thai - Hibachi - Fusion Bowls Hr change. Saturday open 12:00 noon-10:00pm Sunday open 12:00 noon-8:30pm Friday open 10:00am-10:00pm Every thing else stay the same please Change right away! And hour is not post on the main page.
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Golf Trip”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Unbelievable sushi!!!! Great sevice and great sushi, I would recommend this place to anyone. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to come back.

1 Thank Jason B

Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love for Sushi and Love for Chef Sunny :-}”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have been visiting Sunny Sushi and Lounge for just over 6 months. I have never had sushi so fresh. Sunny's sushi is art in presentation and on your pallet. The flavor combination and his play to local foods makes this sushi lounge a must. The Blue Crab roll is a must, there is NO imitation crab to be found in this roll. When chain stores and quickie marks are charging $10 - $12 for substandard sushi, Sunny's sushi is made fresh in front on you for $6 - $9 per roll.
Sunny is supper sweet and loves to engage the customer that sit at the bar. I took my Mother from Charleston and my brother from Virginia when they were visiting, and we all agreed the sushi is incredible! I am luck that I live in Leland and can have the best sushi at Sunny's often.

1 Thank inga_delts
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Wonderful Sushi! Attentive Service”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had lunch there last week. The sushi was fantastic! So fresh, flavorful, well prepared, and wonderfully presented.
The appetizers are wonderful and the ginger dressing - WOW! Not the usual watered down stuff you often get. I can't wait to go back!

2 Thank AnitaLCPA
Wilmington, North Carolina
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

It is not even a question how PHENOMENAL this sushi is, I have not gotten sushi from any other chef other than Sonny in over 5 years because I cannot bring myself to do it. His style of sushi will make any sushi lover fall head over heels for this restaurant!! And the prices don't do this sushi justice...it's almost too good of a deal! If you are even thinking about eating here stop reading this post, get in your car, and go! You will not regret it :]

P.s. Sonny is always so friendly and genuinely has a passion for and love his craft of making sushi; it is not a job to him it is an art. Talk to him and get to know him (he might even toss in a free roll the next time he sees you because he loves his customers that much!)

1 Thank Emlyn1415
Huntersville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing service and fresh sushi”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Business travel brought me to Wilmington for one night beginning on the evening of Memorial Day. Upon arriving, I still needed dinner. I travel a night or two each week, and I make an effort to try local restaurants whenever logistics allow. Thankfully, tonight was one of those nights.

Already in the mood for sushi or Thai, TripAdvisor reviews pointed me to Sunny Sushi from my starting point at the nearby Hilton. The reviews were strong, and the menu looked intriguing. I walked from the hotel and was warmly greeted by the friendly staff.

At first, I was admittedly disappointed that the expanding kitchen was not ready to cook some of the Thai options on the menu. Yet, sushi really was what I craved. So I ordered a drink from Rachel and studied the menu harder. I ended up selecting the spicy combo and cow-fish rolls, along with salad and miso soup.

As it turns out, everything I ordered was absolutely amazing! I'm so thankful I didn't venture out to another restaurant. Even for someone like me who travels on business almost every week and has the opportunity to try different restaurants frequently, this experience was different.

The house ginger salad and miso soup each were distinctively delicious. The salad, in particular, was an incredible start, especially with its colorful presentation and homemade ginger dressing.

In combination with the personal service of the restaurant staff, though, the taste of the incredible sushi rolls pushed me to take the time to write this review.

Sunny and Wally skillfully prepared what I can best describe as perfectly fresh, fusion-inspired sushi masterpieces. Even for someone who eats lots of good sushi every week, this experience was different... and better. The sushi literally is the best I've ever had.

I recommend Sunny Sushi & Lounge without hesitation, and I hope they open another location near where I live for me to enjoy between trips to Wilmington. Thanks Rachel, Sunny, and Wally for a delicious and enjoyable evening out!

Visited May 2014