“Great Location”

Regal Mayfaire Cinemas
Ranked #9 of 25 Fun & Games in Wilmington
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The movie wasn't very good but the theater was very nice. It's in a great location next to shopping and dining. I loved this little area of NC.

All reviews
"theatre"
in 58 reviews
"fountain"

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This theatre is in an excellent shopping center that is outdoors. Tons of stores and places to eat. The theatre is nice and clean. Been here many times since I live in the area. A safe place to be and walk around.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I come from a small town in the west, so visiting this complex is an eye opener. Once inside, it is like a cavalcade of colors, noise and stations to purchase pricey popcorn, etc. It is a bit too much for me. Nothing wrong with that, just coming from a small town I discovered what is out there in theater going in bigger cities with current amenities. The sound system is overwhelming for the small theater. Seating is comfortable and well spaced. Theater is clean as is the entire facility. I love going to the movies and with a friend, so I have been here to watch new releases on every visit. It is something I look forward to each time. I just like it simple.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Regal Mayfaire gets everything about the movie-going experience right.

The stadium seats are great. Sound and projection are state-of-the-art. Theaters and bathrooms are clean. I would not pay $15 to see every movie in IMAX 3-D, but it's a fun treat for a big blockbuster.

They have a huge variety of concessions and the popcorn is excellent, but be prepared to pay through the nose. Seriously, I picked a "featured combo" thinking I was saving money by getting a combo. I ended up spending $20 on popcorn and a soda that were way too big for one person. Read the menu carefully before you step up to order.

If you do movies very often, it definitely pays to join their Crown Club. You get special deals like $2 popcorn on Tuesdays.

Staff is helpful, plentiful, and professional. I was there once when the picture and sound stopped abruptly and then resumed a minute later due to some technical difficulty. On the way out, the staff apologized for the disruption and gave everyone coupons for a free movie ticket. They're a class act.