“Modern Commercial Movie Going”

Regal Mayfaire Cinemas
Ranked #10 of 25 Fun & Games in Wilmington
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I come from a small town in the west, so visiting this complex is an eye opener. Once inside, it is like a cavalcade of colors, noise and stations to purchase pricey popcorn, etc. It is a bit too much for me. Nothing wrong with that, just coming from a small town I discovered what is out there in theater going in bigger cities with current amenities. The sound system is overwhelming for the small theater. Seating is comfortable and well spaced. Theater is clean as is the entire facility. I love going to the movies and with a friend, so I have been here to watch new releases on every visit. It is something I look forward to each time. I just like it simple.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Regal Mayfaire gets everything about the movie-going experience right.

The stadium seats are great. Sound and projection are state-of-the-art. Theaters and bathrooms are clean. I would not pay $15 to see every movie in IMAX 3-D, but it's a fun treat for a big blockbuster.

They have a huge variety of concessions and the popcorn is excellent, but be prepared to pay through the nose. Seriously, I picked a "featured combo" thinking I was saving money by getting a combo. I ended up spending $20 on popcorn and a soda that were way too big for one person. Read the menu carefully before you step up to order.

If you do movies very often, it definitely pays to join their Crown Club. You get special deals like $2 popcorn on Tuesdays.

Staff is helpful, plentiful, and professional. I was there once when the picture and sound stopped abruptly and then resumed a minute later due to some technical difficulty. On the way out, the staff apologized for the disruption and gave everyone coupons for a free movie ticket. They're a class act.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Regal just introduced IMAX to this theater. They also can show 3-D movies. This is a well run theater, with comfortable seats. I go there often.

Two warnings:
It is often cold inside, even in July & August. You may want to bring a sweater. Yes, I know that seems weird but, if you get cold easily, you will be more comfortable.

Warning #2 is about the sound volume. & it isn't just this theater. With Dolby Digital Sound the noise level is very high. I'm sure a number of people have complained and this has caused them to pump up the volume. Consider lightweight earplugs .........

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Where to go for the current movies. Sometimes sound leaks from adjacent theaters. Seats are very comfortable. Stadium seating a big plus for short people.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I rarely go out to the movies, which is why I probably think that Mayfaire Cinemas is on the expensive side. On the other hand, the theatre itself is in good shape and the movie watching experience is good. Just bring your wallet!