“Dinner was first rate”

9 Bakery and Lounge
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Waitress was excellent - friendly yet, competent. Each course was a delight. Their tapas are exceptional and the entres are excellent.

3  Thank travelbug49673

Reviewed May 22, 2013

9 Restaurant recently opened in one of Wilmington's premier dining venues on Front Street. The space is very comfortable and relaxed. In addition to table and bar seating, there are two areas where couches and comfy chairs are provided for those who wish to dine more casually with larger groups. There is also a second floor balcony which provides a perch for excellent people watching.
9 Restaurant bills itself as a bakery/restaurant. It seems like an odd combination but it really works! 9 is open for breakfast every morning (with brunch on Sunday), closes for lunch and then opens again for dinner. Home baked breads and rolls of excellent quality are available for take away purchase during operating hours. In the morning there is an added benefit -- fresh baked doughnuts to eat in or take out. They are wonderful and well worth trying.
My wife and I had dinner at 9 a few days ago. The menu is well priced and includes a variety of salads, main courses and tapas. We had the homemade soup, salads and shared several tapas. Everything was delicious, prepared with high quality ingredients and beautifully presented. The wine selection is good and fairly priced.
Since the restaurant had been operating only a few days, we expected some service issues. None were encountered. In fact, our server was wonderfully trained. The owner also was present and personally spoke with every diner to ensure that the food and service were up to snuff.
We intend to put 9 Restaurant into our dining out rotation. It is a welcome addition to the historic downtown area.

4  Thank 145Keith
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Here a week after opening - they seem to function well. Nice bartender, she made me an original drink after she found out I'm a crafted cocktail hound. Tapas were tasty. Bar liquors were mediocre, but Chelsea did well with what she had. I liked it!
Recommendations to owner: invest in a few exotic liqueurs, add them to existing menu, and call them crafted! What you have is OK, but for example, substituting Canton Ginger liqueur for Ginger ale could step the drink list up a notch. Good luck!

2  Thank Clint G
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were fortunate to go to their "soft opening" tonight. I highly recommend the restaurant. There were a few minor adjustments needed, but it exceeded our expectations for an opening. We have eaten in restaurants though out the world and I highly recommend 9.

Simple menu with good selections. 7 entrees from which to choose. 3 fish type, 1 pork, 1 chicken, 1 beef, 1 veggie. Good choice of appetizers. The stuffed peppers were very good. The asparagus needs a bit of work. Quality food cooked exceptionally. I have never cut a steak with a butter knife. The steak was cooked perfectly. And the apples and onions in the pork shank, along with cinnamon, were incredible.

The bread is To Die For!! Gaeten, the bread maker and creative artist, certainly knows how to bring art to his bread making. And who thought crackers could be so interesting. Wow!

Unfortunately I do not live in the area so won't be able to support it on a regular basis. I hope others do because they seem like wonderful people so I hope their business venture is successful. Also, I want it to be open when I come back to visit.

4  Thank MargoBoster