“Removed food from taco after serving .....really”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Ranked #408 of 704 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 19, 2013

So to agree that the line was wrapped around the inside at 6pm tonight, as well it should be seeing how its the "new place" in town and located right next to the Whole Foods. I will agree it moved faster than expected, but when it was our turn to order we were greeted with a bland "what will you have" and the cafeteria style portion slop began.... and quite honestly went downhill from there.

The kid in charge of putting the meats and beans onto the taco literally put a spoonful of meat onto the tortilla and then..... removed half of it over a 10 second period..... because they obviously have some sort of meat shortage going on at Chipotle. Then piece by piece he proceeded to put it back into the serving bowl for the next customer.

He did it with the steak, counting out the "chunks" and with the pork, piece by piece like there was a magical scale located underneath the paper liner on the counter...No joke. And to make it even better, when I brought it to the only adult in the joint (Spoiler Alert !!!! .... turned out to be the manager) she said "ohhh well".

Never ever will I set foot in this place again. Oh did I mention it was $11 for the skimpy tacos, stale day old paper bagged chips and a 20 ounce drink????

It is a sad sad day when Taco Bell spanks you in Americanized Mexican Food. Moes is like the Ritz Carlton compared to Chipotle.

3  Thank Hamby W

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Upon arrival during lunch hour on a Thursday and remembering that this place just opened a week ago, I thought the line that wrapped around inside was going to take forever. They move you through very quickly and I commend them for putting the "fast" in the "fast food". This place is clean even with the number of guests eating (all tables filled), leaving and quickly replaced by more guests. The staff did a great job of turning things over. I ordered a burrito with brown rice, pinto beans, salsa verde, sour cream, cheese and lettuce, chips and guac. My first impression of my meal was that everything looked very pleasing. But it pretty much stops there. I don't know if I am seasoned to the likes of our local Flaming Amy's Barn and Moe's or not but Chipotle's is just plan old bland and very disappointing. It's akin to going to, say, a wood fired pizza joint and ordering a cheese pizza when the menu is full of flavorful gourmet ingredients. The only flavor I found in my meal today was from the tobasco sauce I had to pour all over it. If you like plain cheese pizza, you'll dig Chipotle. It's not a bad meal by any means but it is about as plain American as you can get. I think they forgot the tex and the mex. Sorry Chipotle but I would think you could do better.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I eat at several different Chipotles within NC as I travel for business. Ive been waiting on this one to open for almost a year because I live in Wilmington. The weekend after they opened I took my wife and 3 and 4 year old. The line was all tthe way wrapped around the inside of the restaurant to the front door....took about 30 mins before I go to the counter. This was my wifes first meal (kids too) at Chipotle and she is a huge Mexican food fan. She claims its her new favirote food fix and even asked to go back the day after! If you are new to chipotle I would highly suggest the soft or hard tacos. Each order comes with 3 tacos and you can choose the meat you want. Get 1 meat of each (there is actually 4 different meats) this way you can choose which you like best. I was hooked on the Barbacoa but then found the recipe from a worker at a different location and make that at home. Steak is now my fav. If you take your kids and they are young be sure to get a cheese quesadilla, nothing with meat. The steak and chicken has a little kick to it and neither of my kids would eat their chicken queso because it was too spicy for them. They both loved the white rice and chips though. This will be a regular weekend stop for us from here on out. I can drink their honey vinagrette by the gallon....its the new Franks Red Hot, I can put that stuff on everything!