“Food good but lots of things heavy on dill and mayo”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Midtown Deli & Grill
Ranked #222 of 678 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
wilmington nc
“Food good but lots of things heavy on dill and mayo”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Overall the food is good with a wide selection of salads and sandwiches including burgers. Asked server about ingredients for chicken salad but no mention of dill as an ingredient. Don't dislike dill but thought it was overpowering in the chicken salad and especially the potato salad. Potato sald also heavy in mayo/sour cream. Service was quick and checkout was efficient. Tends to be a little loud when busy.

• Visited July 2014

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Use to love this place”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I use to eat here on a regular basis, as I work right across the street and it was a great place for lunch. I would also send all of our customers there. The food was always wonderful and the service could be slow, but not horrible. The service starting getting worse around May. Every time I would eat there it would be extremely slow or an incorrect order. Coworkers and other people that I would send there starting saying the same things. I ate there so often that they knew me as a regular. I ordered the Greek Isle salad one day and did not get the pita bread with it. I called just to let them know since I went there all the time I figured they could just make up for it next time. I didn't want to complain, just wanted to let them know since they are very pricey and this wasn't the first mistake. The response I got when I called was "well you'll have to come back and get them if you want them". Needless to say, I haven't been there or sent anyone there since. If you decide to go don't sit outside either because they forget about you and you have to constantly go in and remind them that you are there. I was very saddened that there service went downhill so bad as they did have really good food. I have noticed that there parking lot is nowhere near as busy as it used to be either. Just wondering how much longer they will be open with this horrible customer service and expensive prices.

• Visited May 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice full service and full menu lunch choice. Plenty of salads and hot items available. Service is quick and the food was good. Convenient to the hospital

• Visited April 2013
Western New York
“Great little place!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was visiting my son in the area and we decided to go for lunch, and he insisted we visit as this is a regular lunch/dinner stop for him.
Seating is very casual by choosing your own table. We were greeted quickly by a server and reviewed the daily lunch specials, vast menu choices, and especially pointing out the soup choices for the day and all made from scratch.
I chose a chicken avocado slice wrap with a side of crab bisque soup. The server warned there may be a few pieces of the crab shells here and there.... the chefs do their best to minimize, but since it is made from scratch, there is always the chance for an errant shell piece.... no problem.
The wrap was light and flavorful, the soup was completely fantastic! (complete with a few tiny shell pieces) I didn't mind and it lended to its authenticity,
If you are looking for a casual meal with great choices, check this place out! I will definitely go back again when in the area!!

• Visited February 2013