“Cheap Eats with Good Quality”
Review of K&W Cafeteria

K&W Cafeteria
Ranked #437 of 685 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Annapolis, MD
“Cheap Eats with Good Quality”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

When we come to Topsail for a vacation, we always go to the K&W in Wilmington for at least one dinner. We have an extended family of 20 and good quality food at reasonable prices are a must when we dine together! This last time, it was just my husband and me. We always get the same thing: fried fish, tartar sauce, turnip greens, spinach salad, corn bread and coconut cream pie followed by coffee. The food is always top notch; the service outstanding. We always know exactly what to expect when we eat here. An excellent dinner for two is always around $12 to $15. I highly recommend this cafeteria.

• Visited October 2013

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great specials in August”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I always enjoy the cafeteria style dining. There are a couple of specials to watch for. We dined on a Monday and there is a package price for entree (ex steak or shrimp), two veg, bread, desert and beverage. We don't normally get that much food, but we splurged and took home leftovers.

That special is good for a limited time for Monday and I think Saturday (might want to call them about the latter).

They also have a similiar special for their anniversary on August 14th. I'll likely return for that.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank paulobry
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great value and selection”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I always enjoy the food here. When we have dinner there, my wife can get an entree like liver that isn't on the typical restaurant menu.

Today's visit was solo for breakfast. My typical workday breakfast is eggs and fruit. I'll splurge when I go to K&W. Their breakfast special is a little over $3 for two eggs, bacon or sausage, and grits or hashbrowns. Service is quick and I am in and out (I was the only one in line).

I'll take the exact opposite view of their breakfast that another reviewer did. It is very good and I have been there many, many times. No, it's not the best breakfast out there. But I believe it is the best value to be found.

• Visited May 2013
Mem
“Home Cooking!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I recently traveled to Wilmington for a wedding; the first thing we did upon arrival, was to go to "The W" as our family has called it. Our family has always enjoyed eating at The W. The W has cafeteria style food at good prices which is especially important if you are trying to feed a family. The W has a wide variety of salads , entrees and desserts. The service is always quick and friendly and the price cannot be be beat.

• Visited March 2013
Wilmington, NC USA
“Horrible,overly salted entrees and veggies”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have always enjoyed eating at cafeterias , but not this K and W . Their food would be so much better if they wouldn't salt while cooking , guests can always add salt. The folks that frequent the place are quite old and I'm sure they do not need this salt , especially those that eat there almost everyday. It's a busy place , service isn't usually with a smile , but it's a cheap place to eat . I just have to stick with a salad and maybe grilled chicken , but they salt that too.

• Visited January 2013