“Horrible,overly salted entrees and veggies”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of K&W Cafeteria

K&W Cafeteria
Ranked #418 of 669 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Wilmington, NC USA
“Horrible,overly salted entrees and veggies”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have always enjoyed eating at cafeterias , but not this K and W . Their food would be so much better if they wouldn't salt while cooking , guests can always add salt. The folks that frequent the place are quite old and I'm sure they do not need this salt , especially those that eat there almost everyday. It's a busy place , service isn't usually with a smile , but it's a cheap place to eat . I just have to stick with a salad and maybe grilled chicken , but they salt that too.

• Visited January 2013

Wilmington, North Carolina
“OH MY GOD - DO NOT VISIT THIS RESTAURANT EVER!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was invited to a breakfast brunch type meeting on business with a couple of colleagues. I was told K&W was the bomb when it came to cafeteria style food. So, that fact I don't miss many meals - especially when it comes to breakfast - should qualify me for being an astute analyst of good and bad food from the AM time of the day.

Well, let me tell you, the food was AB-SO-LUTE-LY ghastly at this K&W. I don't really want to go into detail - because all of it - ALL OF IT - was not good, even bad - and I am not in the mood to detail just how bad the gravy, eggs, coffee, bacon (the worst ever), all were - separately - and worse in combination.

I'm still trying to put that morning out of my mind - and every time I drive by K&W I am reminded just how bad of an experience that was.

I thought it was expensive for what was served, too, even though I did not pay for the bill I still saw how much it was. All I could do was shake my head and thank God I did not pay for that mess - and I was not poisoned by the food.

My Advice: DON'T GO!!!

• Visited March 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Reasonable prices, good comfort food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

It's a cafeteria, so don't expect atmosphere, but the choices are varied and the food is good. Conveniently located in Hanover Center it's worth a visit for breakfast or lunch. Even dinner if you're on a tight budget.

Visited August 2012