“love this little town!”

Downtown Wilmington
Ranked #4 of 121 things to do in Wilmington
Reviewed August 11, 2013

So much to do in downtown Wilmington... so many great places to eat and shop. We've always enjoyed our stay.

All reviews
"walk around"
"historic district"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed August 7, 2013

It was just ok. I was told there were fun shops and restuarants. I found the shopping very disappointing. I was looking for original boutiques, art related to the area, nice tourist shops. I was there alone in the evening. Many people were walking around, however I was later warned that there has been about 20 shootings in the last few weeks. I should not have been there by myself.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our main goal in walking around downtown Wilmington was to look for locations where recent movies were filmed. We found many store fronts, pubs and businesses seen in movies such as Iron Man 3, We're the Millers, and even an apartment complex seen in The Conjuring. If you can find it, there's an alley that was used in both We're the Millers and Safe Haven. Fun place to explore! A great bonus is that the river walk is just a block away.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband, two sons and I walked around downtown for a few hours in the evening before stopping to eat dinner. There were shops that each of us enjoyed and a fantastic view of the river so that the boys could watch the boats go by. Support local shops! This was a fun afternoon and low-key after a fun morning on the beach. We will definitely do this again.