“Live around the block:(”
Review of Hops Supply Co

Hops Supply Co
Ranked #77 of 711 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I loved hearing that HopsCo in the ILM was opening for LM Restaurants after both their Eddie Romanelli's and Flat Eddies were unsuccessful. Living in the neighborhood around the block from this location for the past ten years, my wife, friends and now all of our children have frequented all of these three endeavors of LM. HopsCo by far the best is still needing to work out the grizzly burgers, under/overcooked steaks and burgers and overall inconsistent dishes. There have been several managers that often make us feel as though the mistakes on food prep were our fault. Never receiving a compensation for their mistakes except for a "we are sorry, it shouldn't happen I agree" reply leaves me wondering if they want to succeed? We WILL keep returning as the flavors, atmosphere and servers are awesome! PLEASE, PLEASE get it together as I enjoy walking around the block with friends and family to enjoy a casual sit down. K38's is not our first choice!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've eaten (and drank) at Hops more than 20 times at this point. And every time, I want to fall in love with the restaurant. Their beer selection is definitely one of the best in Wilmington and their specials are great for an after-work drink.

I haven't, however, managed to find anything on their menu that leaves me completely satisfied. The Hopsco burger is good, but sort of bland, while the Mad Cap Pork Stuffed Burger sounds incredible, but turns out a greasy mess.The french dip tastes incredible for the first few bites, but the au jus is a bit too salty and the whole sandwich leaves me a bit nauseous after.

If you're looking for a quick bite to eat, the French Onion Soup is very, very good. The Short Rib Sliders on the "Take 5" menu are great as well.

Obviously, the restaurant has a huge menu and I haven't reviewed everything there, but I've simply never been all that satisfied. Service is usually very good. Bartenders are fun and know their stuff.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

A recent visit for lunch was a very pleasant experience. The service was excellent and the "Hopsco" burger was fantastic. I plan to visit again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had to wait no less than 1 hour for two burgers and one salad in a not-too-full restaurant. Apparently two large parties were seated and served which maxed out the kitchen. After our table consumed 22 oz beers, we wondered what the heck was going on. The server apologized and brought us popcorn! I didn't even know they had popcorn. Finally, after everyone in the restaurant had food on their table, ours came out. My husband took one bite and said the burger was lukewarm. The server returned and asked how the food was. I pipe up that my husband's food was not acceptable. Within five minutes, there was a hot burger in front of him. Funny how that just happened! The second person in our party said her burger was hot. My salad, kind of hard to mess up, did have wilted mixed greens. Could it have been sitting under the heat lamp? When we finished the waitress offered us a dessert on the house. As we waited, the manager came over to ask how our evening went. I let him know we were not happy with the service from the kitchen and he agreed there was a problem. He was pleasant and apologetic and gave us a discount toward a future meal. The waitress brought our super duper dessert, (which was hotter than the entrée) and our bill. Seems the Hops Supply Company does value our business and omitted the entrees on the final bill.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Food/beverages were phenomenal! Live music on a Sunday was definitely a pleasant trip while enjoying the "gourmet" burgers that they offered. Would certainly return!