Mahanaim Adventures - Kayaking Day Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Mahanaim Adventures is your expert guide to the Best Kayaking Adventures in and around Wilmington NC. We provide the knowledge, experience and equipment, allowing you to create a fun filled adventurous memory for you and your family & friends. Try out one of our sunset kayaking adventures, or maybe one of our black water or salt marsh tours. Check us out today, all you provide is an adventurous spirit!
Calabash, North Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“kayak tour”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Black River kayak trip was excellent. Don was very knowledgeable and professional. We will definitely do contact Mahanaim Adventures for our next excursion.

Visited November 2012

RDU
“* Incredible! *”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I recently took a kayaking tour with Don Harty and his wonderful wife, Diane in the Cape Fear River.

Don was *exceptionally* knowledgable regarding safety, how to properly get in & out of the kayak/steer/paddle/what to do if, ect...., but also housed an impressive array of historical facts in and around the different areas we kayaked to. They kept tabs on everyone in the water, regularly, to make certain everyone was having fun and enjoying themselves, which we were!

He and Diane also handled, very kindly, a special request for us (I'm on a particular diet), which my husband and I appreciated greatly. They were both very accomodating.

We had a WONDERFUL time kayaking with 'Mahamain Adventures' and would highly recommend them to everyone...even a first timer. They *want* you to have fun and enjoy your experience!

Visited October 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Kayaking to Shark's Tooth Island”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I went on an early morning kayaking adventure with owner Don Harty as our guide. It was my first time kayaking, my husband's second. We opted for a "tandem" kayak in case the paddling was too much for me. It was a smart move. Don reviewed the methods of kayaking as well as what to do if certain circumstance would arise such as an encounter with a container ship. We thoroughly enjoyed our adventure, saw many birds which Don identified for us and spent some time on Shark's Tooth Island looking for teeth which we found. I would highly recommend this to everyone. We hope to take our grandkids on an adventure when they come to visit us from Seattle.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank JanneyW
Wilmington, NC
“Mahanaim Adventure Kayaking on the Ft. Fisher Lagoon”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Prior to our departure Don Harty reviewed the methods of kayaking, emphasizing safety procedures. As a 2nd timer this was welcome knowledge which I was not given on my first trip with a different guide group.

It was a perfect evening, warm and no wind. Don knew the territory, its history and wildlike. Very informative. The sunset was spectacular.

An enjoyable, relaxing 4 hours well worth the price.

Visited September 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Egret-eye view of the Cape Fear marshes”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Don and his daughter, Hilary, expertly led our ten-person group on a fabulous late afternoon eight mile round trip tour of the waters around Fort Fisher. On a perfect early fall day, we saw a variety of sea birds, including one I had not seen previously--black tipped ibis. Equipment, paddling instruction and safety were all first rate. Kayaks, vests, and paddles were well maintained. This is a moderately strenuous trip for those over 65 but don't let that stop you from enjoying this wonderful experience. When you go, wear water shoes, clothes that can get wet, a hat, sun screen and bug spray. Bring a liter of water, a light box meal and a granola bar or trail mix.

Visited September 2012