“RX- a good experience”

Rx Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rx Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 709 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in the old Hall's Drugstore on 5th and Castle
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We ate after a concert and they accommodated that we were a late reservation. The service was great, fast and accurate.
We shared Pig Ears as a starter. VERY rich. Share with more than a few folks as there is such a thing as too much of a good thing! Between us we dined on the ribs, which didn't really stand out- and the sauce was ok... I had the strip steak etc... and it was yummy. I little too salty but still flavorful. My husband had the shrimp and grits and really loved it. We also had the snapper and it was good as well.
Over all the experience was good, the food above average and we will go back when the menu changes again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ate at Rx in late June 2013 on a date night with my husband. Had a very enjoyable time. Atmosphere is casual with lots of interesting art work. You can dress up or down and be at home in this place. Food was delightful! Lots of interesting plates. We stuck to several apps and then split a main course. Not everything was a homerun. The bacon terrine was good but not very "bacon"y. Fried green tomatoes was excellent and the rouge poulet (french spelling probably not correct) was unforgettable. Really wanted to lick the plate! I rarely order chicken but this dish was so full of flavor I was glad I did. I usual stick to wine while dining out but their mixed drinks seemed interesting. Glad I tried one. Can't remember the name but it was a cucumber mint gin drink. Almost regretted the order as it looked more like a health drink straight from the garden. But it was a very flavorful drink. One of the highlights of the night. Definitely give things a try at this restaurant, there are plenty of great surprises on the menu. Pick the items you don't see elsewhere. Waitstaff was excellent but it was a slower night while we were there.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was really excited about trying out this place, since my boyfriend is a Corporate GM of a restaurant group, having new dining experiences is our favorite thing to do. The menu looked very good and very fresh. I was disappointed. There wasn't a lot of flavor in the pork belly appetizer and my shrimp and grits was soaked in sauce to the point of being a soup. The inside of the place is really neat, great atmosphere and good service. Just didn't think the good lived up to the hype.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was our first visit to Rx. The menu was designed around local, fresh food. We had impeccable service, half price wine and the most delicious meal ever. The cold tomato soup with corn ice cream was delicious. The fresh melon with sea salt and lemon basil..fantastic! The chef made us fantastic vegetarian entrees, which we really appreciated. The blueberry cobbler was to DIE FOR!

Don't delay, go and enjoy this wonderful place. It's a real treat.

1  Thank Fishbaby1
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant. What a find! The menus changes daily, based on whatever fresh items are in season. There were five of us, and we all had different starters. We couldn't decide which we liked best. All were delicious. The scallop and fried green tomato app was delicious. My chilled tomato soup with sweet corn ice cream had just a little heat and so much flavor. One person ordered fried pigs ears which were surprisingly good. The beet salad was enormous and delicious. My husband had the pork belly and grits, which had an egg on top and was excellent. The entrees were equally good, with a delicious shrimp and grits as my order. We look forward to returning.

1  Thank LoisNCNY