“Food Fantastic!”

Rx Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rx Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 704 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in the old Hall's Drugstore on 5th and Castle
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Every visit to RX has yielded another excellent meal. My only criticism is this: Party of 2 stopped in around 2-2:30 om a Saturday. We wanted breakfast. We were seated and given the breakfast menus. Moments later we were told breakfast was over and that only the bar menu was available. I understand that when a kitchen is busy, but we were the only 2 people ordering. We begged for breakfast and were denied, so we went to the Dixie Grill.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I went for dinner on a Saturday night. The place was buzzing, but we had reservations and a table for two waiting on us. The server informed us that the fried chicken and Mahi had sold out already, which was super disappointing as those were the 2 dishes we would've picked. Instead, we picked an appetizer (pork belly with cheddar grits and an egg), the fried okra fries with herb mayo, a bowl of smoked cheddar Mac and cheese, and the pork chop over red peas and bacon infused kale. Everything was perfect, came out quickly, and had a professional presentation. The suggested wine pairings were ridiculously steep, and the place is still getting on its feet (kept hearing crashes all over the restaurant), but everyone's human, right?? Good atmosphere, okay location and I'll definitely be back for more smoked cheddar Mac and cheese!!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We (3 couples) dined at RX Saturday evening. We first ordered a round of drinks (VERY EXPENSIVE considering the quality) which were not all good. A Cosmo was ordered which had to be sent back as there was no flavor and was almost like water. Three of their special drinks were ordered, all of which tasted differently from each other. One had to be sent back. I had a Bombay and tonic which came in 6oz small glass. Not what I expected for such a high priced drink.
Next came the appetizers which were mixed. None of them came out hot. My ravioli had great flavor, but was lukewarm. Pigs ears were very good. The shrimp dish was bland and the chicken wings were nothing special. The okra was tough and the breading was about 50% off when they arrived. The prosciutto was very good.
As for the dinners, the shrimp and grits were very different, but very good. The flank steak was small but tasty and the fried chicken was very good. The pork chop was inedible. The smoked flavor and seasoning was overwhelming. The chop itself was undercooked and was rubbery and very tough. We sent it back, but paid for it. None of us wanted to chance dessert.
Our waitress (Becca) was excellent beyond belief! Very attentive and understanding. She tried her hardest and smiled the whole time. Kudos to her!!!
We did speak to one of the owners about our experience who alluded to the fact the the staff was young and the restaurant was new. And that is fine, but when you are easily spending over $100.00 for a couple to have dinner there should be no excuses.
I don't think I would ever go back.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Excellent! Great laid back atomsphere and fantastic food! The special cocktail of the day was wonderful! Loved it! The food selection is like no other, truely glad that we went. I would recommend making a reservation on the weekends because this place is very popular and you would not want to miss out. Loved it!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great new restaurant in Wilmington. Everything is farm to table so some of the menu can change daily. They also have some amazing beer on tap. I really enjoyed it!

1  Thank BPncsu