“Eat here”

Ranked #110 of 703 Restaurants in Wilmington
Description: Best burgers in Wilmington
Description: Best burgers in Wilmington
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Best burger in Wilmington North Carolina.Try the onion rings and the French Fries. I have eaten here multiple times and will continue to do so. Love the staff.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We've lived in Wilmington, NC for 28 years and have been wanting to try Winnie's Tavern. It's been in business over 50 years and is known for its hamburgers. Well, we finally tried it the other night and we were not disappointed! When you drive up to the Winnie's, you might be put off by the appearance. It's nothing fancy and the parking lot has bottle caps buried in the concrete. The place is not big and has a bar that is in the middle. It seems like it's a neighborhood type of place and it was busy on a Thursday night. We sat in one of the booths near the bar. There is another area with a pool table with a few tables, too. They have other food on the menu, but we opted for the burgers. There are 2 sizes available, which is good. I had the 1/4 lb. jala-bacon burger, which had jalapenos, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes & onions on it. My husband had the 1/2 lb. bacon cheeseburger. I had mine with onion rings and he had the cajun fries with his. The burgers are delicious and messy to eat, which makes it even more fun! You can tell they are handmade and cooked to order. The place has beer & liquor available, too. We will definitely go back! Don't be turned off by the outside appearance or even the inside "rustic" look. Go for the burgers and friendly wait staff!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

my friend introduces me to this little gem. This is one of the best hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Wilmington. I've passed it a few times thinking...whoa that place is kind of rough. Never judge a book by its cover! Hands down the best handmade burger in Wilmington, Not only are they huge, but you have several options. I went with a Jalapeno burger w/ cajun mayo and cajun friends. Beers are served up ice cold and also with a frozen mug. Inside decor has the old nautical theme...nothing fancy. Cozy place. The service was fantastic. Enjoy a great meal with the sound of freight train horns near the docks and a game of pool in the background. Its well off the beaten path. A friend of mine works a few blocks from it, grew up in Wilmington and had never heard of it. Go here if you get the chance! You won't regret it!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Got to look to find this little gem. Absolutely nothing about this place would give you any clue to how good their burgers are. They have 2 sizes of burgers, the regular size suited us just fine. Service was quick enough, service was friendly enough. Plenty of parking. I'm not sure of their hours, we ate here for lunch.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The burger was large and fresh and put together well. However, as another reviewer stated elsewhere, it's not anything you couldn't duplicate on your own grill. The onion rings were very good. And I like the "hole in the wall" atmosphere, so if you're into that sort of thing, you should definitely check it out.