“Enjoyable Dinner”
Review of Havana's - CLOSED

Havana's
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is the sister restaurant of Havana's Island Seafood in Carolina Beach
Reviewed November 10, 2013

On a Saturday evening prior to a concert, there were six of us meeting for dinner at Havana's. The decor is lovely and we enjoyed our meals.

My choice was the special, which was prime rib and it was very good and prepared according to my request. Along with fresh hot dinner rolls, it was accompanied with mashed Yukon Gold potatoes and succotash - both also very good. One gal had a piece of salmon and was duly impressed at the tender silky taste.

This is not an inexpensive choice but a nice one. Our waiter was polite and knowledgeable and very attentive.

If in that area, I would recommend this as a nice choice for a pleasant dinner. In nice weather, they do have a lovely outside seating and a variety of room choices.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I went there for our 16th anniversary. We wanted someplace we hadn't tried before and several friends recommended it. We were greeted right away and taken to a table on the second floor. It appears this must have been a lovely summer home in it's former life. Very tastefully decorated with booths and table. Romantic comes to mind which is what we were hoping for. The waiter was prompt and attentive. He explained the menu and the specials and seemed very knowledgeable. They have a very nice wine list as well as a martini and rum cocktail list. We asked him for some recommendation and we took him up on them. We were not disappointed. I had the Louisiana pasta with sausage, chicken and shrimp in a Cajun cream sauce and my wife had the Lobster bake with lobster, shrimp and crab baked in a lobster sauce. Both were excellent. We also had their award winning clam chowder which was terrific. Full of clams and potatoes and just enough smoked bacon. The prices were reasonable and we are definitely planning on returning. The inly thing I found out of place were the McCormick's s salt and pepper mills on the tables. Really???

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We actually found this place by accident, and decided to give it a try. We were very impressed by the ambiance of the place, the mood was fun, the waiter helped us decide what would taste great (and it did) and the cocktails were terrific! It was a great combination of food and atmosphere. We ate there again 4 days later!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We often go to Havana's and should have written this review a while ago. I love the way we are welcomed immediately upon arrival and given the option of sitting outside, at a table in their beautiful dining room or at the bar. We love to sit at the bar to eat when it is just the two of us so we can talk with Brooke, the bartender who is really great. We have never been for the Sunday brunch but I have a few girlfriends who have and they say it is great. So the food- My husbands two top favorites are the Prime Rib and the Pesto grilled Mahi with roasted red pepper and artichoke tapenade. It is always perfectly prepared and he always has a cup of the seafood chowder and says it is the best ever. As I do not eat fish, I usually have the BT's chicken or the Coca Cola steak tips or the Prime rib or the steak! (See a theme here?) . YUM! When I have gone there with the "girls" the appetizers are always fantastic.
The wine list is pretty good as well. I love me some JLohr and they carry a top shelf level of Bourbon for my husband. If I had to say one negative thing- it would be that I am ready for a menu change because we are frequent customers- HOWEVER I heard from the GM, Chris yesterday that they are doing just that and will be coming out with some new menu items soon. That will be awesome! Keep it coming Havana's!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Before I write this review, I feel as though I should mention that my wife and I ate here for dinner and had heard good things about the brunch and lunch. With that said, we ate there for dinner and were not at all impressed. We left feeling scammed. The waitress was very nice but led us to believe that everything was fresh. It was obvious that was not true. We sat outside and I saw maybe a hundred palmetto bugs (cock roaches) crawling on the walls and floor. They don't bother me but some people would have a fit so I thought I should mention that. The drinks were overpriced. The appetizer, conch fritters, was doughy and tasted thawed out not fresh. The main courses were recommended by our waitress and they were expensive and tasted like a microwave dinner. In fact their are microwave dinners now (bertolini?...something like that) that are better and under 10 bucks. The shrimp wasn't local as we were led to believe. The scallops were good and that was about all I enjoyed. We shared an appetizer, each had the house wine, and each had an entree. The total bill was over $100. I wouldn't recomend having dinner here. Any restaurant in Wilmington that serves non local shrimp at the peak of shrimping season is obviously not in tune with quality.