“Second try worse than the first”
Review of Havana's - CLOSED

Havana's
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is the sister restaurant of Havana's Island Seafood in Carolina Beach
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went to Havanas for lunch this week with a group from work and ordered the special which was Mahi grilled with orzo and vegetable. The Mahi was so strong! ...normally a very mild fish. The orzo was clumpy and tasteless. Very disappointing. If they don't get it right soon they won't be there long. This was my second bad experience here.

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

This place has all kinds of food to choose from; seafood, chicken and very good prime rib! Try one of the best Mojitos I've ever had! They have a very nice bar to have a drink or eat your dinner. The Sunday brunch is hard to beat too!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Definitely my favorite! Great food, beautiful venue, friendly service. You can't go wrong ordering anything off the menu. Crabcakes are amazing. Good app/drink specials.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Nice setting in an old home. Well landscaped. Menu varied. We ate upstairs and all three entrees were well prepared. Nice attentive service with courteous staff. We had no complaints.

1  Thank ncnativeazalea
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had never dined at Havana's before and just stopped in on an impulse. I walked in and sat myself at the bar. The blonde woman tending to the bar pretended not to notice me for like five minutes when she flashed me a fake smile and said "hi". Finally she presented me with a regular menu, but I told her I wanted a brunch menu and a glass of water with lemon. All of a sudden she was busy and waited another ten minutes to get a brunch menu, but not from her. Another server named Jason made an effort to get me the correct menu and the glass of water. He noticed my New York accent and we struck up a bit of conversation as I perused the menu. I placed an order with him and it seemed the minute I did that he too acted like he had better things to do. I am not sure if he ever put in my order, but I am willing to bet he didn't because after sitting there for 20 minutes I never even so much as got the cup of coffee I requested with my meal. I watched the blonde server and Jason running to and from the bar tending to the other four customers while ignoring me. I got the feeling that they were not happy about serving someone they know is not a local. Finally, I had enough of their rudeness and got up and left. As I was walking out the door the blonde server was right behind me following me outside to deliver food to a table. I'll bet she was glad she drove me away, but I'll bet Mr. Donat the owner of Havana's will not be too pleased with my review of his place.

1  Thank TimeTraveler0530