My husband and I decided to take off early on Friday and go toward the beach for a weekend. We landed on Beau Rivage due to its pricing and last minute accommodations. I've read the reviews before going and then again after returning from our weekend. We stayed on the 2nd floor. And yes, as all the others commented the rooms are outdated. But for me, who cares. Was it clean? Yes very. Did I feel comfortable? Yes, very. Am I there to sit in my room and watch the TV? Not at all, I could have done that at home. I met new friends at the pool. I met new friends at the Bar. This is not a seniors place, it's a place for all ages and I met them all. Its a little community with it's old plantation charm. The food is good - it's pub food, not gourmet. The drinks are good, the prices are good and the staff is fun. Am I going back? Absolutely. If your the type of person looking for the Grand Ritz experience - don't go here. If your one that looks for the experience, fun friendly atmosphere - I suggest it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beau Rivage is situated on a narrow peninsula tucked snugly between the Cape Fear River and Intracoastal Waterway on the outskirts of Hollywood East (historic Wilmington, North Carolina). Aside from an award-winning layout (4 Stars by Golf Digest's Best Places to Play), superb conditioning and renowned greens, the resort also features spacious lodging accommodations and is the only place in the Coastal Carolinas where you can play a championship golf course and stay directly on-site. Guests can literally take a few step out their back door and find themselves at the first tee, practice facilities and amenities. A colonial style clubhouse showcases classically unique event venues, a fully-stocked Pro Shop, conference room and signature "19th Hole" in the Veranda Bar & Grill. Great golf and family hospitality at an unmatched value --- Beau Rivage is the home of true Coastal Carolina "stay and play" golf packages. All just minutes from I-40, Wilmington International Airport, the historic river district and the breathtaking beaches of Pleasure Island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Beau Rivage Golf & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beau Rivage Resort And Golf Club
- Beau Rivage Resort & Golf Club Hotel Wilmington