“In need of an update”

Beau Rivage Golf & Resort
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed April 8, 2012

The staff was nice, and the location was beautiful. That said, the couch in our room was fraying, the television was incredibly outdated (maybe 25"). It worked fine for us, because we were just looking for a place to stay. If you're looking to spend time in your room, this may not be the place for you.

Stayed: April 2012
beaumarketing, Manager at Beau Rivage Golf & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. Since taking ownership of the resort in 2006, we have made significant improvements to the golf course, banquet facilities and clubhouse. The suites are now top priority and plans are in motion to upgrade all of the rooms. This includes new bedding, new window valences, flat-screen TV's and more. These upgrades, along with the amount of space in each suite and the picturesque views of the golf course, will make accommodations at Beau Rivage much more to your satisfaction in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Got stuck in Wilmington when my flight was cancelled and spent the night at Beau Rivage Resort. The rooms are clean, and the bar was open late which was nice. My flight wasn't until late in the afternoon the next day, so I was able to play 9 holes on the course in the morning (I rented clubs from the proshop which was pretty reasonable). The course was challenging, lots of water, and the layout seems pretty good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
BeauRivageGolf, Manager at Beau Rivage Golf & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you Bryce for writing a review! Glad to hear that you were able to take in some golf while you were here! I hope to see you again! Barry Eagle (Owner-Management Co.)

Reviewed March 30, 2012

After reading several reviews of Beau Rivage and having attended a wedding there several years back, my husband and I decided to take a golf weekend. It seemed economical and as I remembered, comfortable but not fancy. Our most recent experience was actually surprisingly under promised and over delivered!! The modest staff is clearly trained to provide quality service and a positive experience for each and every guest. Everyone I came in contact with not only helped answer questions, but went the extra mile to please us! I had a lovely conversation with a friendly young bartender for over 20 minutes before realizing I was speaking with one of the owners of the resort! These folks have owned the business for about 5 years and have really gone above and beyond in their hospitality offerings and it was apparent that this passion for service exists on all levels of the resort. I can't say enough about the friendly service we received for the duration of our weekend stay. Not only was the service good, but the food was consistently delicious with generous portions for the price. I had one of the best reubens I've ever tasted, and enjoyed it on a very pretty outdoor veranda with a cocktail and gorgeous weather.

My husband and I golf at least 3 times a month and the course at Beau Rivage was in spectacular shape as far as manicuring and precision. The greens were fast and true, just like we like em! The fairways are long with lots of blind shots, and the extremely hilly landscape (surprise for the coast!) made it an even more challenging round. Very enjoyable! We did not have a chance to use the driving range or practice putting facility, but it appeared to be in great shape as well. The beverage attendant passed through at least 3 times during our 18 holes and we were able to refresh with snacks and cold beverages.

The rooms were large and comfortable. My only complaint was that there is no ice machine so you have to go inside the bar area to get ice, unless you buy a bag and keep it in the mini-fridge in the room. Overall, fantastic experience, VERY happy with the pricing and value of our trip, and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We chose upstairs, and had a beautiful private balcony to sit on at night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D C
BeauRivageGolf, Owner at Beau Rivage Golf & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for writing a review! We truly appreciate all of your kind comments! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I look forward to your next visit! Barry Eagle, Owner-Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I live in the Wilmington area, and have played this course many times. It's somewhere between a resort course and a country course. Beau Rivage favors shot makers, with plenty of trees, water, sand and OB. If you tend to spray the ball around, expect a long day. It gets crowded (5+ hour round). A large driving range and putting green are directly behind the clubhouse. The course is usually in good condition, with consistent fairways, greens and bunkers. In my experience, the golf staff is efficient and easy to deal with. I've never stayed in the hotel, but it should be fine for a group of guys who just want to golf, and are not too fussy.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
BeauRivageGolf, Owner at Beau Rivage Golf & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Thank you for the nice review on the course. Glad you enjoyed your time playing golf. Barry Eagle, Owner Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at the lodge for one night with 2 parents and kids ages 4 and 6. The room was very large and clean. All of the furniture was worn and old. The mattresses were on the way out. The couch/sleeper sofa was too saggy. The minfridge was very worn. All of the beds were made with only flat sheets: one tucked in around the mattress and one laid on top. The sheets were very stiff and scratchy. There were absolutely no blankets, only the stiff hotel-type bedspreads. .

We got carry-out omlettes from the restaurant and they were very good.

The Beau Rivage is actually a private neighborhood with a golf course, pool, tennis court, and clubhouse. The lodge of motel-style rooms is connected to the clubhouse. We stayed there because they had a $129/night special during the hottest summer months. We were in route to Myrtle Beach via Wilmington and wanted to spend a day at the Fort Fisher aquarium and the ferry.

I would not call this lodge a resort and I would not stay there longer than one night. The rooms need some major comfort renovations and updating.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank virginiatravelers3

Thank you for your review. We are the new hotel management company and just took over May 2014. I appreciate all your comments. We have upgraded the bedding and are in the process of putting together a new furniture package that we hope to have implemented by the end of the year. We did upgrade the hotel with new bedding, linen, pillows, towels and TVs in the bedrooms. We have started to upgrade the appliances as we have replaced most of the microwaves and will be working refrigerators soon. Barry Eagle, Owner Crown Hotel &Travel Mgt.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

The rooms are old but clean, the maids will drop off clean towls once a day. No complaints about the golf but I don't recommend using them for a wedding or anniversary event. You will end up paying more than agreed upon and good luck getting a deposit back from them. The woman working at the breakfast counter was extremely rude the entire time we were there. No ammenities, bare basics, and where in the world was their " Southern Hospitality" ? Most of their older reviews are good so I am wondering if the ownership or management changed hands.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank coast2coast03

Thank you for your review. We are the new management company and we are addressing older reviews. We have been upgrading all facets of the services and amenities and hope to have a new furniture package in the near future. I appreciate your review and will use it for training purposes to change some of the items you mentions. Barry Eagle, Owner - Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

I'm an avid golfer and travel to Willmington once a year to play golf and I don't know how I have missed this great course. The layout is very interesting and challenging. The fourth hole with the floating ladies tee box was something I haven't seen before. I found the staff extremely friendly and helpful and the rental clubs were exellent, I have had bad experiences at other courses when renting clubs not here everything was fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crohud

Thank you for taking time to write a review on Beau Rivage! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Golf Course! We hope to see you in the near future! Barry Eagle, Owner-Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Best Western Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington

Been to Beau Rivage Golf & Resort? Share your experiences!