“Meat ! Meat ! And more”

Dining options: Reservations
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
“Meat ! Meat ! And more”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This place was amazing ,I have never been to a place which gives each of you a card red one side green the other ! If your green side is showing a server will come serve you steak of all cuts ,leg of lamb ,chicken , sausage ,pork ribs pork& beef etc and also flame cooked pineapple which is so mouth watering ,and before all of that you help yourself to a salad bar the meat will keep coming as long as your card is green you can turn to red have a rest then return to green as well as returning as many times as you like to the salad bar, a little pricey but worth every $ spent

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Zoe P

Supply, North Carolina, United States
“Definitely have had better”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have been to other Brazilian steakhouses and LOVE them, so I was really looking forward to trying this one. I went on a Thursday night which was 50% off for ladies, so I thought this the perfect night to try this place.

I was very disappointed in the food. First of all the salad bar was OK, nothing great but nothing looked or tasted bad. It's pretty small compared to others. The meat is BAD. I mean the quality of the meat is OK, but the taste was almost nonexistent. I should have known something was wrong when we walked in and it was a ghost town. At 7:00 in the evening there were 2 people there. There was almost no seasoning and the 3 other people at my table all had the same opinion. I guess if you have never eaten at a Brazilian steakhouse before you don't know what to expect, but having eaten at others and having a comparison, this was mediocre at best. The only thing that was good and flavorful was the pineapple. I usually walk away stuffed and can't eat for days-we ended up going out for ice cream afterwards because no one was full. I didn't finish a single piece of meat I was served, and I tried everything. I give it 2 stars because the service was good and friendly, but we did have to wait about 10 minutes after we finished eating to get our check, and that was after having to ask for it. And like I said, it's not like they were busy. Bottom line-it was a very disappointing experience and I will never go back. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Visited March 2013
NC
“Pretty Good, But Not Rioz”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My daughter and I decided to take advantage of "Ladies Night" (half price) at Gauchao's s so that we could at last try this Brazilian steak house. We were hopeful that it would be as good as Rioz in Myrtle Beach since it would be more convenient for us since it's about 15-20 minutes closer to home for us. When we entered the restaurant (very pretty by the way) at 6:30, we were astounded at how few people were dining there. Were so used to encountering a "mob scene" every time we go to Rioz. Granted, MB is a huge tourist area - even in the "off season" which we're currently in, so I don't think Gauchao's could pull in the same size/type of crowd at this time of year, but I don't think it ever will reach the popularity of Rioz. The salad bar is pretty good and has some of the same offerings as Rioz, but it's not nearly as good or offers as much. The meat selections that come to your table are about the same as Rioz. All the different types of meats these type of restaurants offer aren't all available everyday. They do rotate their selections. One of the meats I was looking forward to was the loin lamb chops, but they weren't offering that the evening we went. However, to their credit, the waiters would come around and ask if there was anything special that we would like, and I said I would like the lamb chop and about 15 minutes later they came out with several on the spit - they came back a few times to let me know that the chops would be out soon - they actually made the chops for me - it wasn't that evening's offering. That was nice. The downside to this place is that very few of the meats were seasoned very well - just not enough seasoning, although some offerings were just fine. Now, in all fairness, sometimes Rioz is quite heavy-handed with their seasoning - overly so sometimes. However, in contrast to Rioz, there wasn't any meat that provided us with that "OMG" moment, where you are so full but you have to eat it anyway because it's so good. The fried bananas (not plantains) they brought to the table were delicious and they brought more without our asking.
Contrary to another reviewer, our plates were replaced promptly, water glasses refilled frequently without asking and everyone was friendly. Their regular price is a few dollars less than Rioz, but Rioz provides you with a unique experience and although this is not an inexpensive restaurant meal at either place, we felt that Rioz's cost was well worth the extra few dollars and the extra driving distance and time.
As to the value (price wise) for this place, it was a good value for us since it was half price. It's a great value if you eat a lot of food, not so good if you don't each much.

• Visited March 2013
Millbrook, NY
“Excellent for the money”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have eaten there twice recently. The food is fresh, tasty and inexpensive in comparison to other Brazilian restaurants. In comparison for a similar meal in NYC which we frequent often, this restaurant is half the price. The only thing I would change is the waitstaff come around more often to refill drinks. I hate to eat without something to drink.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Nicole T
Wilmington
“False Advertising”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

They charge for children that are 7 and under even though their website states children 7 and under are free. We have attempted to get this problem rectified after waiter refused to credit our bill for the child that was under 7. Email and phone call with no response back. Save your money and take it to a restaurant that is appreciative of their customers and don't false advertise.

• Visited December 2012