“Disappointed This Time”

Roko Italian Cuisine
Ranked #43 of 698 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Roko Italian Cuisine is a traditional italian restaurant located in the heart of Wilmington's Mayfaire Town Center. Owners Jadran and Vojka encourage you to come in, relax, share stories and enjoy the warm and friendly service, as they prepare the finest Italian cuisine especially for you. Roko's menu features a selection of salads, pasta, veal, beef, seafood, and chicken dishes.
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We usually love going to Roko, it's small and intimate and they usually make you feel like very special guests. Not this time. Our server was less than attentive, we had to ask the young man with the water to bring our wine menu then had to flag down our server to ask him to take our wine order. We have loved our food here on previous visits and my husband loved his veal parm at this visit but I did not like my fish. I took two bites and knew I didn't care for it. Our server never came by to ask if everything was okay, it wasn't until we were finished and pushed our plates away that he finally came back. He asked if I would like to take my fish home, I told him no I didn't care for it. He apologized and took the plate away. No one else came to see if there was something else they could offer. We were very disappointed in our service, never happened before, and I was disappointed in my meal. Probably will go back just because anyone can have an off night but bad service happens again and we're off to find a new special restaurant.

Roko P, Owner at Roko Italian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We value our customers and their feedback. We use both positive comments and suggestions for improvement to help us improve. We have spoken to our staff about this experience and we look forward to your return visit. We are certain this was an isolated incident and it will not happen again.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were planning an early Christmas dinner with our son as he would be out of town on the 25th. My wife was craving Italian and wanted to return to Terrazzo, but it was closed on Sunday. We discovered Roko on the internet. What a find! An uncluttered menu, concise wine list and a waiter who could explain anything on both. We checked out the entrees over fresh bread, olive oil and garlic cloves. Our meals were presented beautifully, the portions generous, and the taste... superb!

Thank you so much for giving us a try! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experience and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was not our first experience at Roko but i wanted to experience more of the menu before writing this review. I have to say that when it come to service they are 5 stars! The service was very attentive and knew the menu perfectly, which made our selection easy. I would dare to say that the service is very Italian, Take your time no rush and enjoy the flavors). The decor is simple but romantic which was perfect for a birthday dinner with my wife.
So lets talk about the food, We sampled some of the appetizers Glilled Shrips & Scampi sauce, while the shrimps were very lightly overdone the sauce was spectacular. The layers of flavors are incredible, fresh herbs and garlic without beeing overwelming complemented the shrimps with a great harmony. The bruchetta was also delicious again here with layers of flavors. The Chef really know how to put it together. Main Course was the lamb chops… WOW ! the cooking perfect (Med/Rare) The herb crust added to the delisious taste of the lamb again in perfect harmony. My wife had the grouper who also was cook perfectly.

I need here to make a special mention to the grilled cesar salad yes you read this right grilled ceasar salad, amazing is an understatement. The smokiness of the lettuce with the dressing and the parmesan make a delicious combination that you will ask for more.

After all this i will say that Roko offer the best italian food i had in Wilmington area! Make reservations since the dining room fillup pretty quick

Enjoy!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

So good that we went back the very next day! The atmosphere, the service and the food were all wonderful. Not a negative thing to say! Don't miss out…..Make a reservation!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I stumbled upon this lil gem as she had a buisness meeting all week at the hilton. We just happened to drive past Roko one night and decided to check out the menu. Unfortunatly the were booked that night until 8:30 , too late for us to eat . We did however make reservations for the next night. It was worth the stop and check & wait. The place is rather small but cozy. The food was amazing from start to finish. Wait staff is awsome and dishes are plentyful. great experiance. We will be back.