“Can't wait to go back”

Roko Italian Cuisine
Ranked #42 of 691 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Roko Italian Cuisine is a traditional italian restaurant located in the heart of Wilmington's Mayfaire Town Center. Owners Jadran and Vojka encourage you to come in, relax, share stories and enjoy the warm and friendly service, as they prepare the finest Italian cuisine especially for you. Roko's menu features a selection of salads, pasta, veal, beef, seafood, and chicken dishes.
Wilmington, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was my first visit to Roko. I had rave reviews from friends as I am a Wilmingtonian. I was a bit skeptical from previous TripAdvisor ratings but let me tell you it was superb.
From the wait staff to the food it was top notch! We made a reservation which is a must for this restaurant. We were seated immediately and attended to constantly and the food was exquisite from appetizer to entree. I can't wait to go back for my second visit. One of Wilmington's finest cuisines in my opinion. I ate the flounder francaise and my husband ate scallops scampi. The wait staff was accomodating and attentive to our every need. Thank you for a special evening Roko.

• Visited August 2013

North Carolina
“Rook Service and very chilly temperature”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Good food but service extremely slow. Our waiter was embarrassed and apologized over and over.
AC unit set to frigid temperature made the long wait an uncomfortable ordeal

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Keydet61
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“I Enjoy Roko!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I enjoy dining at Roko. It's always been a pleasant dining experience and I've found the overall visit to be quite pleasant for my companion and myself. We are able to sit and enjoy our meal and our wine and our conversation at our leisure. I am on a specialized diet so I haven't been able to branch out much into the menu as I'd love to do, but have found that the selections have been very adequate and accommodating to my needs, so no one knows that my eating habits have changed. I have found a wine on their list that I love, so I am a happy patron! I have gravitated towards the filet mignon, which I realize is NOT the reason to go to an Italian restaurant, but it meets my dietary needs. My only criticism is that the sides are rather skimpy. I don't eat the normal potato side dish that is served so I ask for double of the green vegetable in its place. I get 8 green beans...instead of 4 I guess. But no complaining. The filet mignon is as good as a famous nationally know steak house for half the price including those 8 green beans so what's there to complain about? My dining friend also has special dietary needs and adores the Flounder Francaisa. As I said, we have never been rushed out, can catch up on for as long as we want and have a wonderful time at Roko. We'll be joined by some friends this week who have never been to Roko, so it will be interesting to see what their impression is. They are world travelers, so I may have an update on my review from from folks who recently returned from a two week Mediterranean wine tour cruise to see what they think! But I say, if you enjoy moderately priced dining in a delightful intimate atmosphere, go...but make a reservation unless you are prepared to wait or be disappointed, or like to dine early!

• Visited July 2013
Oxford, NC
“Good eats”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had my daughter bridal lunch there. I throught I would not like it,
but it was very good. I don't thin there was anything. Thefood was great

Visited August 2013
Columbia, United States
“Great Food - Nice Local Restaurant”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The food is great with a nice variety of italian classics as well as some regional italian. The wines are reasonable.

Visited August 2013
Roko P, Owner at Roko Italian Cuisine, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Glad you liked it! Come back on Wine Wednesday to enjoy select glasses of wine for only $5!