“Atmosphere, Food, Service was wonderful!”

Roko Italian Cuisine
Ranked #47 of 668 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Roko Italian Cuisine is a traditional italian restaurant located in the heart of Wilmington's Mayfaire Town Center. Owners Jadran and Vojka encourage you to come in, relax, share stories and enjoy the warm and friendly service, as they prepare the finest Italian cuisine especially for you. Roko's menu features a selection of salads, pasta, veal, beef, seafood, and chicken dishes.
“Atmosphere, Food, Service was wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Roko's, once again for making our dining experience "Wonderful"!! Once you walk through the door you are made to feel as comfortable, as if you we're walking into your best friends home. Both the waitresses and waiters (from other visits) are all very helpful and knowledgable and the food has never disappointed, always very flavorful and cooked to perfection. I am pleased that you chose Wilmington to call home.

Belmont, North Carolina
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The olive oil and balsamic start you off right. Went here only a few times but was never disappointed. Very tiny place, make reservations if you can.

Visited June 2012
“excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I aways enjoy going to Rokos! I traveled to Italy last summer with my mother and always told my boyfriend about the wonderful food. Rokos is the first and only place that I can experience Italy all over again! True Italian food, a wonderful atmosphere, and great service! We always enjoy coming!

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Good food with an awful surprise at the end.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Please read this review all the way through. My husband and I, along with 2 friends, had dinner at Roko last night. The food was very good, especially the gnocci with bolognaise sauce that I had. In fact, it was probably the best gnocci I've ever had. My husband had veal marsala which was good but the portion was so small it was hardly worth half the price. Our friends both had a chicken and eggplant dish that I did not sample but they ate every drop, so it must have been good.

Food here, at least for me, is not the issue. Our waiter was unusual, to say the least. He knew about the specials and the other items on the menu and made good recommendations. But he rushed us through the meal. It wasn't until the end of the meal, however, that I learned why. Read on . . . When dessert time came, he recited their offerings, lauding in particular the "tartuffo" -- the only dessert not made in house. I ordered dessert, my husband declined, the other woman ordered dessert and the waiter left. He never even asked the other gentleman if he even wanted dessert, let alone what his choice might be. He received that bit of attention only when I mentioned it. Unfortunately, he chose the tartuffo. Nice name: perfectly ordinary dessert. A ball of ice cream coated in chocolate. You know, like a round Eskimo Pie. Our checks immediately were brought and we paid our bills, still waiting to be asked if we'd like coffee or an after-dinner drink as is done in most other restaurants of this highly-praised caliber. A few seconds after we'd paid the waiter came over and, without the slightest hint of awkwardness, he asked us to leave as there were others waiting for the table. We had been there for less than an hour and a half. We couldn't get out the door fast enough!

As soon as I got home, I called the restaurant and spoke with the owner. I explained what had happened and she was absolutely aghast. She could not have apologized enough and said she'd send a gift certificate to ensure a return visit. Very professional, as expected. We'll most likely accept that offer and, if we do, review again.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Kathy A
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Outstanding Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Dinner selections were delicious, service was excellent and wine choices were very nice. Owner greeted us with kindness and made us feel welcome. Our waiter was outstanding and knowledgeable about specials for evening.

• Visited January 2013
Roko P, Owner at Roko Italian Cuisine, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about your server. They work very hard and we love it when our guests recognize them! Come back soon, we change our wine menu often!