“Very good Italian in NC!”

Roko Italian Cuisine
Ranked #42 of 694 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Roko Italian Cuisine is a traditional italian restaurant located in the heart of Wilmington's Mayfaire Town Center. Owners Jadran and Vojka encourage you to come in, relax, share stories and enjoy the warm and friendly service, as they prepare the finest Italian cuisine especially for you. Roko's menu features a selection of salads, pasta, veal, beef, seafood, and chicken dishes.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Being a native New Yorker, I am pretty tough to win over as NY has the best Italian restaurants this side of the pond but along comes Roko! I am an Italian food snob and had yet to find a decent place in Wilmington for my favorite cuisine. Roko is one that I will visit again! I had the Fruitta de Mare, and it was done right....thank you! My companion had the Scallops with Risotto and that was also a very good flavorful dish. A good wine selection that won't break the band and the food prices are reasonable. A nicely decorated room, good service and we were happy.

Roko P, Owner at Roko Italian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Thanks for trying some of our fresh seafood dishes, we love to bring the freshest ingredients to your table from the local fish market. We are happy to hear you were pleased with your dining experience.

There are newer reviews for Roko Italian Cuisine

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Superb service, true Italian dishes, great ambience and and a not to be missed dining experience in Wilmington. Our reservations were for seven thirty this past Saturday night and while their were several people waiting we were called to our table promptly at seven thirty. Our waiter Chad, was prompt, courteous and knowlgeable about the specials and menu in general. Our food was served in a timely matter and was at the appropriate temperature. We will be returning in the near future!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

A date asked me to meet him here for dinner. The place only opened last spring and is located in a mall type complex near a Five Guys, so I had my doubts. The name leads some people to think it's an Asian place, but it's definitely Italian. I expected it to be empty on a Thursday night, maybe even out of business since the last place that occupied the space hadn't fared too well. Well, I was wrong and happily so..

There were no parking spaces and an hour wait for a table! Inside, the ambiance was cozy and one of the owners, Vojka, was front and center seating people, bringing out bread and stopping by every table to ensure her guests' satisfaction. She obviously takes great pride in her establishmant and it shows. The chef is Jadran, and according to their websitr, one or both of them came here from Croatia. I think the name Roko is a combination of parts of their names...

We opted for a bistro table in the bar to avoid the wait. The lighting was comfortable but I didnt hear any music during our visit. That was my ONLY complaint. I thought this place would have benefited from a little Sinatra or something... That being said, fresh, warm bread was brought out quickly, and a bowl of olive oil with balsamic vinaigrette and crushed baked garlic... to die for! My date ordered the chicken picatta ($16) and it arrived beautifully plated. The white wine, caper and lemon sauce on the tender filets of chicken was wonderful. There were thin green beans and baked potatoes wedges on the side.

I ordered a split of Prosecco (Italian sparkling wine) for $6 and a "Create your Own" pasta dish with Capellini pasta, Carbonara sauce and scallops ($18). It was delicious and there were 3 tender, nice-sized scallops on top. Fresh grated cheese was offered by our server, who was a friendly, attentive college-age girl. The food took a while to arrive but given the level of business we were not put off by this, as the owner came by and brought us more bread and dipping oil. We were too full to try dessert, but I feel sure it would have been excellent.

Prices seemed reasonable and they had a decent wine and beer list too. The place was packed, and everyone seemed like a regular. This place is definitely doing something right, maybe everything. GO!!! The ambiance is perfect for a date too.... check out their website and menus:

Thank you for your detailed review, I am sure travelers will appreciate your honest assesment! Thanks for dining with us, we hope to see you again sooon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We went in on a Sunday night, expecting it to be busy. The tables were full and we had no reservation but we were happy to wait. After fifteen minutes, the hostess had only spoken to us once, briefly, and had gone on to attend to others who came through the door...some without reservations as well. The staff continued to ignore us as they told another couple the wait would be fifteen minutes...then thirty minutes...then 'just a short while.' Meanwhile, she never relayed the information to us, even though we tried to catch the hostess twice to ask about a wait. We got tired of hearing second hand information and being ignored so we left. I don't know if it was because of our age or what, but I found it very strange that a restaurant would so blatantly ignore customers. Will not return.

1  Thank Ejane77
Roko P, Owner at Roko Italian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

We are sorry to hear you felt "ignored," I assure you our staff tries their very best to speak with all of our customers even when we are at max capacity. We hope you will try us again sometime, and as always we encourage our patrons to make a reservation.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Celebrated our anniversary with friends here and had a GREAT dinner. Looking forward to going back and enjoying more from the menue. Escargot and Flounder Francaise were a great introduction.