“Nice quiet stay in King Suite”

Best Western Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice quiet stay in King Suite”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed in the King Suite, with whirlpool tub, for like $75/night, in the beginning of February 2013, for three nights. It was a GREAT deal that I couldn't pass up. The hotel and room was very clean and the staff was friendly. I was debating this room and the Courtyard on Carolina Beach because of the whirlpool tubs and prices being about the same. This room was much larger and so was the tub. I also thought the free hot breakfast saves us a few bucks from eating out every morning. The breakfast was pretty good, make your own waffles, hot meat (bacon or sausage daily), egg patty or scrambled eggs, cereal, bread, biscuits, bagels, yogurt, instant oatmeal and grits, juices and coffee.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jlshipp1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Wilmington
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We loved this hotel! The people were great and we took advantage of the indoor pool each of the 4 days we stayed. The proximity to restaurants couldn't be better - everything from fast food, pancake house or nice sit-down dinners. We would highly reccomended this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank JOHN_SWilmington
Hiawassee, Georgia
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The room was clean with nicely appointed furniture though not quite enough room to move around. We stayed just one night heading to Charleston. The gym was also very clean with several machines one of which was non-functioning. We always look forward to sinking into the hot tub after driving all day but unfortunately, it was icy cold. The pool felt warm in comparison and we swam just to get some exercise and warm up.

I had to call the desk to ask what the wi-fi password was, but no answer. It just rang and rang. This has never happened before in all our travels. Upon returning home, I received a survey e-mail from the hotel management. I submitted it mentioning the specific issues. The General Manager who did not identify himself responded to my survey by stating that all gym equipment worked fine and the hot tub hasn't been out of order in months. I suppose he's saying I made up these issues but for what? I have a BestWestern travel card and as often as possible, stay in one of their hotels. Management in this particular one should learn something about customer relations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 24parks
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

The beds are doubles. The pool was only open til 9 at night. :( the bathroom sink is outside the bathroom. Oh yea, and while I was showering the water would change back and forth in temp. But they had an awesome breakfast with an awesome attendant. So clean and fresh. Overall pretty good hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

friendly staff , super clean nice furniture , LG TV, parking lot lights are bright with cameras. Ihop next door, Tecobell Donuts Post office cross street,5 mins to walmart liberary , super! That guy worked at front desk helped me for flash light when I cant find my iphone charges at my car, and came to help with next door alarm went off at midnight in 2 mins. quiet hotel ever.

• Stayed December 2012
Gilbert, South Carolina
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The manager is extremely rude and apparently is training his staff to be the same. Worst experience of my life and I've stayed in many hotels. He accused us of smoking in the room, we were not. He came to the door and when I went out to talk to him the door slammed. He said "If you slam the door I will call the police." A few minutes later two police officers show up at the door and while I was talking to them two more police officers arrived. One officer entered the room, didn't find any evidence that we were smoking in the room, and said, well the manager wants you to leave so you'll have to leave. We packed and went to another hotel. Had to argue with the manager over payment for the night. Not customer friendly. I'm 64 years old and have never been thrown out of a hotel in my life, until now. AVOID THIS PLACE! Room and microwave were filthy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank R3554247
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were so tired. We had spent four days/nights at a not great, dingy hotel on College Road. We decided, for our last night, we were going to try something new! It was late, probably about 10:00 pm when we headed toward Carolina Beach. We saw this hotel, decided to give it a try, and 20 minutes later we felt spoiled by how clean, quiet, and enjoyable this room was compared to the one we'd been at on previous nights. We got a jacuzzi suite and it was very reasonably priced. The decor was nice - very newly renovated, apparently. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable. Did I mention it was quiet? This was such a HUGE bonus compared to where we were staying earlier.

Unfortunately for us, we were traveling during college move-in week so many of the hotel rooms had been booked at the beginning of our stay. This Best Western Plus will be our choice each time we return to Wilmington (unless something changes for the worse)! We have already recommended it to friends and family! It isn't the most luxurious suite in the world but compared to many similarly priced rooms in Wilmington, this one is amazing!!!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the jacuzzi suite! Tub was clean and big enough for 2 people!!! Extra towels were...