“Great place to rest your head!!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay...I have been staying at this hotel for over 4 years..it's very clean..the rooms are all very quite...everyone of the staff are very helpful and friendly..this hotel has a great pool which is very clean...many restaurants are close by ..also,a target which is very good incase you forgot something ...a food lion ( grocery store ) if you want to buy some snacks for your room pluse,cold drinks to put in your little frig in your room...the owners of this hotel have done a lot of updating since I first stayed here....new flat screen tv, new carpeting through out, bedding is all new...also,eating area has been updated new ceramic floors,tables and furniture ....I would recommend this hotel in a heart beat to anyone...LOVE IT AND THE STAFF....I stay here 4 times a year ...for at least 3/4 nights ...I stay here solo most of the time and feel very safe...my family has also stayed here with me at times..

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NC387Manager, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

THANK YOU for your kind reviews!! We love seeing guests return to our hotel year after year. We've had a couple of new upgrades since the last time you have stayed as well! We hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Sorry, but was too exhausted to take pics. The place was average. The rooms desperately needed updating. I stayed in a king suite, kitchenette with micro, fridge, sink, desk pull out couch(?).
Good: Service was good. Staff were welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was tasty, not continental-waffles, eggs, bacon/sausage, cereal, pastries, etc. Bed was comfortable if you like soft mattresses. It is right on Market within close proximity to shopping and food places.
Not so good: It was extremely small with the king bed cramped into a corner right at bathroom door. It looked like the counter tops in kitchenette and dressing area were newer, but the bathroom had an old one. The room was fairly clean. It's those little things that really impress or depress me. Stuff like tile grout and toilet grout being dark brown/black when it should be white which tells me housekeeping isn't doing a thorough job; marks on shower curtains like they've been washed, but obviously need to be replaced, marks on hallways from what I assume was paint, but brownish in color; elevators and hallways with stale smells and marks on their walls like no one cleans them.
My traveling companion had issue with water leaking in his room, but not sure if that was a one time thing or not.
One thing that really didn't set right with me was we saw a housekeeper drop washcloths on the floor in the hallway and pick them up and place them back on her cart with clean washcloths.

Overall: I wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Make sure your room does not have water damage.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nai_Nai_Girl
NC387Manager, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! All of our rooms at Comfort Suites Wilmington are spacious studio suites, which are larger than your standard hotel room. However, some Comfort Suites hotels do offer 2-room suites with a wall partition, so we do apologize if the sizing of the room failed to meet your expectations. All of our bathroom tile grout was recently replaced with brand new grout and we chose a dark gray color to eliminate the pink staining caused by our housekeeping bathroom chemicals. Many hotels opt for darker grout colors for this same reason. I am also pleased to report that we are installing a brand new bedding package which offers a much more modern feel! Just this year we have replaced our hallway carpets, re-tiled our breakfast area, and replaced our breakfast furniture with new, modern furniture. Our lobby and fitness center were both recently upgraded as well. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

On our second morning in the Comfort Suites I awoke to a roach Crawling up my arm, I squeezed the little fellow into a piece of toilet paper and took him to the front desk on my way to breakfast, they ask what room I was in, and that was it, not one word of oh so sorry, no one called my room or came to check it or anything. I have stayed in Comfort Suites all across America, and they have been great, however my last 3 experiences have changed my perception. The other two concerned services that where suppose to be part of the deal like breakfast and shuttle which didn't work and again not even a sorry, let alone payment of the service I had to pay to someone else to get. I think the service at these hotels have change, and so have I to a different hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Peaches37

I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations! Our hotel is exterminated monthly as a proactive approach to avoid situations such as these. However, Wilmington can see an influx in palmetto bugs in residential areas and hotels during particularly rainy seasons such as now. Palmetto bugs look very similar to roaches, but are much larger. Regardless of the type of bug, we certainly do not want these in our rooms in any way, shape, or form. Our exterminator was contacted the day you reported the issue and he promptly came to service your room specifically. Again, I apologize that this inconvenienced you during your stay and I completely understand the frustration behind this, especially if you had two previously negative experiences at Comfort Suites. As a brand, Comfort Suites is required to provide a full, hot breakfast each morning so please do report the previous hotel that failed to meet the breakfast requirements during your stay.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. The building is beautiful and clean, and our room and bathroom were larger than average hotel rooms. The staff was welcoming, friendly, and very helpful. My husband is taking an online class and a due date was moved up, so he unexpectedly had to spend several hours at the desk and we were relieved that the WiFi was so good. Breakfast was great and the lobby and breakfast area were beautiful. Our room faced away from the parking lot and we were on the ground floor, so our window looked out onto a green privacy hedge and it didn't feel like we were in town at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Kelly!
We are so glad your husband was able to complete his work during your stay with us! We proudly offer fast and reliable high speed wireless internet, and a business center featuring a computer and printer for guests to use for no charge. I hope the two of you have the opportunity to come visit us again and enjoy a relaxing weekend at the beach!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I travel a lot, so I carry high expectations.This trip was for a family emergency, so I didnt have much time to check things out in advance. I had earned points for my stay and planned to use them. I ran into several snags - none of which I felt were the fault of the hotel - but every one of them was taken hold of and dealt with - to give me the best outcome. A/C failed in the middle of the night - they were at my door with a portable AC within 10 minutes. Points problems surfaced- they did checking, followed up and CALLED me on my cell to make suggestion of how to solve it. Needed to extend my stay on a night that was sold out. They called me - on my cell bc I wasn't in house - to let me know of a cancellation so that I didn't have to check out. Loud room next door at 1 AM, I called and complained - and it stopped. I am all about service. Sheets and pretty decor are nice pluses - but good service is what it is all about. KUDOS to Amy, and her team - Drew, Brad, and the night girl - all just outstanding!!!

Room Tip: Double bed suites have toilet in bathroom FACING beds, Kind of odd...windows opened ALL the way - no...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
NC387Manager, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad we were able to help out with your reservation restrictions, especially considering your reason for travel. We do make an earnest effort to go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure all of our guest have a pleasurable experience at Comfort Suites Wilmington! It is comments like these that give us that extra "pat on the back" and make our jobs so enjoyable! Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

When we checked in we were greeted by Amy at the front desk. We told we were here to celebrate my wife's birthday. She was very helpful in guiding us in finding things to do. We went to Airlie Gardens, which she recommended, and it was great. When we checked out Amy had the same smile, and wished my wife a happy birthday. The room and breakfast were also great.
This was the best motel experience we have had in 49 years of marriage, thanks to Amy.

Bob & Anne

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for spending your birthday with us! Wilmington is such a great place to visit and there is so much to do! Airlie Gardens is one of my personal favorite attractions and is only a 5-10 minute drive from our hotel. I'm happy to hear you were able to fit them into your trip! Please do come back and visit us again this summer!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times when visiting Wilmington. The rooms are large and have always been extremely clean. The staff are very nice and super helpful. It is conveniently located on Market street about halfway between the beach and downtown. It is also very close to UNCW. The location away from the road makes for a very restful stay with no traffic noises. I highly recommend this Comfort Suites if staying in the Wilmington area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah C
NC387Manager, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you Sarah! We love that our property is the only one on Market Street that is set so far back from the road. While we have the convenience of being on a major road in Wilmington, our guests are not bothered by the noise that traffic can sometimes produce. We hope to see you again this summer!