“A bug in the bed,no acknowledgement!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed June 12, 2013

On our second morning in the Comfort Suites I awoke to a roach Crawling up my arm, I squeezed the little fellow into a piece of toilet paper and took him to the front desk on my way to breakfast, they ask what room I was in, and that was it, not one word of oh so sorry, no one called my room or came to check it or anything. I have stayed in Comfort Suites all across America, and they have been great, however my last 3 experiences have changed my perception. The other two concerned services that where suppose to be part of the deal like breakfast and shuttle which didn't work and again not even a sorry, let alone payment of the service I had to pay to someone else to get. I think the service at these hotels have change, and so have I to a different hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Peaches37
NC387Manager, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations! Our hotel is exterminated monthly as a proactive approach to avoid situations such as these. However, Wilmington can see an influx in palmetto bugs in residential areas and hotels during particularly rainy seasons such as now. Palmetto bugs look very similar to roaches, but are much larger. Regardless of the type of bug, we certainly do not want these in our rooms in any way, shape, or form. Our exterminator was contacted the day you reported the issue and he promptly came to service your room specifically. Again, I apologize that this inconvenienced you during your stay and I completely understand the frustration behind this, especially if you had two previously negative experiences at Comfort Suites. As a brand, Comfort Suites is required to provide a full, hot breakfast each morning so please do report the previous hotel that failed to meet the breakfast requirements during your stay.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. The building is beautiful and clean, and our room and bathroom were larger than average hotel rooms. The staff was welcoming, friendly, and very helpful. My husband is taking an online class and a due date was moved up, so he unexpectedly had to spend several hours at the desk and we were relieved that the WiFi was so good. Breakfast was great and the lobby and breakfast area were beautiful. Our room faced away from the parking lot and we were on the ground floor, so our window looked out onto a green privacy hedge and it didn't feel like we were in town at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
NC387Manager, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Hi Kelly!
We are so glad your husband was able to complete his work during your stay with us! We proudly offer fast and reliable high speed wireless internet, and a business center featuring a computer and printer for guests to use for no charge. I hope the two of you have the opportunity to come visit us again and enjoy a relaxing weekend at the beach!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I travel a lot, so I carry high expectations.This trip was for a family emergency, so I didnt have much time to check things out in advance. I had earned points for my stay and planned to use them. I ran into several snags - none of which I felt were the fault of the hotel - but every one of them was taken hold of and dealt with - to give me the best outcome. A/C failed in the middle of the night - they were at my door with a portable AC within 10 minutes. Points problems surfaced- they did checking, followed up and CALLED me on my cell to make suggestion of how to solve it. Needed to extend my stay on a night that was sold out. They called me - on my cell bc I wasn't in house - to let me know of a cancellation so that I didn't have to check out. Loud room next door at 1 AM, I called and complained - and it stopped. I am all about service. Sheets and pretty decor are nice pluses - but good service is what it is all about. KUDOS to Amy, and her team - Drew, Brad, and the night girl - all just outstanding!!!

Room Tip: Double bed suites have toilet in bathroom FACING beds, Kind of odd...windows opened ALL the way - no...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
NC387Manager, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad we were able to help out with your reservation restrictions, especially considering your reason for travel. We do make an earnest effort to go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure all of our guest have a pleasurable experience at Comfort Suites Wilmington! It is comments like these that give us that extra "pat on the back" and make our jobs so enjoyable! Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

When we checked in we were greeted by Amy at the front desk. We told we were here to celebrate my wife's birthday. She was very helpful in guiding us in finding things to do. We went to Airlie Gardens, which she recommended, and it was great. When we checked out Amy had the same smile, and wished my wife a happy birthday. The room and breakfast were also great.
This was the best motel experience we have had in 49 years of marriage, thanks to Amy.

Bob & Anne

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for spending your birthday with us! Wilmington is such a great place to visit and there is so much to do! Airlie Gardens is one of my personal favorite attractions and is only a 5-10 minute drive from our hotel. I'm happy to hear you were able to fit them into your trip! Please do come back and visit us again this summer!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times when visiting Wilmington. The rooms are large and have always been extremely clean. The staff are very nice and super helpful. It is conveniently located on Market street about halfway between the beach and downtown. It is also very close to UNCW. The location away from the road makes for a very restful stay with no traffic noises. I highly recommend this Comfort Suites if staying in the Wilmington area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah C
NC387Manager, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you Sarah! We love that our property is the only one on Market Street that is set so far back from the road. While we have the convenience of being on a major road in Wilmington, our guests are not bothered by the noise that traffic can sometimes produce. We hope to see you again this summer!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Coming from the north our GPS wanted us to go through the Marines Camp Lejeune. That was a no-no! It did not help me one little bit that I served as an officer in the Norwegian army. US military personal only! - There was this amicable guard with a gun to enforce the “no-no”. If you wanted a role model for American youth, he was it. (The dream of most mother in laws too...)

The hotel is back from the main street in Wilmington. There is a Quality hotel on the other side of the street, - and you will know you are close.

The room was nice, not exactly a suite, - but a decent large room where you will not bump into each other. It is easy to charge your gadgets and there was even the Internet cable. The bath and WC is away and behind a door. The faucet adjustment for shower and tub did not work, but then I have not had a tub bath for over 20 years.

I prefer an AC that runs the whole time and not at intervals, but this was my only objection. It was pretty much faultless, except for the receptionist that out to be taught on how to smile and embrace customers.

The exercise room smelled clean, and there were plenty of towels and water, but no swipes to clean equipment from a sweaty occupant. (I used a towel). It had one of the most pleasant exercise rooms we have ever seen in the Choice chain and we have been to more than 60 hotels! What I enjoyed most was the hardwood floor which gives the fresh feeling to a carpet.

Really cheap was it too, just $77 for the room, It is not often that I can recommend a room, but as Michael Jackson said; “This is it”! (sorry Choice for being so picky, but coming to perfection, one must first be picky..?) I am not the “mums the word” kind of guy!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us!! We recently upgraded our Fitness Center with new ammenities such as hard wood flooring, a new towel cabinet, and an overall updated appearance. In addition, we added a gym wipe dispenser so guests can sanitize their equipment of choice, before and after each usage. While it is an inconspicuous silver dispenser, it is located just next to the towel cabinet, had has an accompanying trash can.

We hope you are able to visit us again this summer!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very large room and very clean. Could probably use an update, but not worn out either. We had a hot free breakfast every morning. Coffee and tea makers in your room along with a little bigger than a dorm size refrigerator and small sink. Staff was very helpful. We actually had an issue with the tiolet seat, was loose...told the desk about it as we went down for breakfast, by time we came back upstairs, it was fixed. We asked about how we could see the things we were interested in and if anything was going on that we might be interested in. they actually gave us a print out of a few things going on in town and the Azalea Festival. Which turned out to be really good. Gave us information for tours etc. were very pleasant and helpful. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: There were 4 of us traveling together and we asked if it were possible to have adjoining rooms, we w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
NC387Manager, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us over the Azalea Festival weekend! Spring is such a beautiful time to visit Wilmington while the flowers and azaleas are in bloom. Airlie Gardens is one of our favorite attractions in Wilmington and is so beautiful this time of year! We hope to see you again this summer for warmer weather and visits to Wrightsville Beach!