“Surfs IsThe Best In Town-Hands Down”
Review of Surf's Bar and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Surf's Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My family and I have been going to Surfs since they opened. We have NEVER had a bad meal and the prices can't be beat. Alicia, Kate, and Toni are the best in town. They make the best wings and burgers on the planet.....and they know how to treat the regulars as well as the "newbies". Great atmosphere with plenty of TV's, plenty of draft beer choices, and ice cold Viper taps. Keep up the great work ladies, we really love ya!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

My experience at Surfs Bar & Grill was not the best - but the manager made it right. And, they do have some decent specials, in a neighborhood type place and you are hungry and just need to eat.

Nice sized place with a great bar size and karaoke on Tuesdays. They also have some specials during the week that are worth checking out. It is one of those noisy places so conversation is difficult. This is not a place for quiet conversation during a meal. There were also beer and wine specials offered.

My experience was of very poor service but a pleasant enough waitress - wasn't her fault. We were a table of 10 and I know that this can bring some issues in service, but I also know when it does, the thing for management to do is come over and talk to us about it and not just ignore the situation and then provide some bread or appetizers during a very long delay. This did not happen without complaining twice. The second time they made it right and for that they do get high marks. But, they should have been the ones to initiate it - not the diners.

Now that this is off my mind - onto the food: We did not order off of the main menu but a special one they had for Tuesday. It was a list of four entrees and for $20 - the two of us - could choose two. It came with a standard salad. I had one of the specials which was chicken with pineapple and I found it just fine. Not great, not bad. One friend had the shrimp scampi and one a steak and they both liked theirs a lot. No bread was served with the special menu - which I think would have been nice with a salad - but hey, the price was right.

The web site: http://www.surfsbarandgrille.com/

The name "Surfs" might give the impression that it is on the beach, etc., but it is not. it is on a main street and has no view and is not a beachy place. Just so you know.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Seemingly every restaurant in town gets four stars. It's tough to diferentiate. This place is a sports bar with underpriced specials and beer. I mean $2 for a pint of Yuengling? Come on! And $5 for a huge burger? Daily specials make this place compelling. The bar is packed, tables are full. We'll be back.

1  Thank Leatherman
Reviewed February 25, 2012

A local gem! Great food, great service and great atmosphere!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have driven past Surfs hundreds of times, and never given it a second though. Then a friend recommended it when we were looking for a good burger in Wilmington. We were pleasantly blown away. First by the service, which was very friendly and curteous, and secondly by the quality of the food. All four of us ordered burgers (althoug the rest of the menu was tempting) which came with fries or house-made chips. Our server recommended the chips over the fries, so we followed her lead. Because they grind their own hamburger meat, I was able to order mine rare (yum), which made me quite happy. All of the burgers arrived as ordered, on wonderful buns, and with the, as advertised, great chips. Coupled with well priced wine and beer, and some pretty good live music, we had a great evening.