“Unique Omelet”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Biscuits and gravy-generous and great. Hashbrowns- Absolutely awesome. Sloppy Joe Omelet-Amazing & wonderful. Service - Outstanding!!! Well done eggs- Runny. Ice tea-Weak. Overall- A really neat place with an extensive vegan menu and eclectic decor. Definitely worth another visit!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We came in yesterday and were less than impressed. We have been to Nicks Sunday it was great and Tuesday is was great. So, we went back Saturday. The server was less than good, he got 2 of 3 meals wrong and argued with us about a few things. He seemed pissed off at us for letting him know our daughter's burger was raw, she ordered apple sauce and got fries which she is allergic to and my wife asked for goat cheese and got feta which she is allergic to and is why she asked for goat cheese. He took 20 mins to refill my drink and was a real jerk. I was really disappointed in the serevice. No one is perfect but, if your in the service industry you need to be able to fake being happy or find a new job. We will not be recommending Nicks now without a disclaimer about the bad service.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

On a very warm day in October my friends and I found ourselves tired of walking the riverfront in Wilmington NC during the annual Riverfest and took time out to sit on the back deck of Nick's Diner to watch the festivities while enjoying a couple of cold ones. Great friendly service, did not mind that we simply were enjoying some beverages at all. While there we had the awesome experience of watching the fire and rescue boat display it's high powered hoses and perform a sort of water ballet for the festival. The menu at Nick's is big and we saw a table enjoying one of their famous black iron skillet Mac n Cheese dishes. I am having that on my next visit!

2  Thank noona82
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have been to Nick's on several occasions. I love the eclectic decor, and the food has always been tasty, with more than enough in the way of portions. With that said, the service more than 75% of the time is terrible. Most of the time that I am there, it takes a good 25-30 minutes to order, despite my efforts in getting my server's attention. And, while I appreciate that they do not constantly check in during the meal, I can never seem to get them to attend to the basic things that are needed throughout my meal: refills on drinks/coffee, condiments, utensils (yes, I even had to wait 10 minutes while my meal cooled to get utensils to eat). I typically will only go back if all of my other places downtown are not an option.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've always enjoyed my experiences at Nick's. The service is spot on, the atmosphere is fun, and the food is awesome. I've gone for breakfast most often, but also enjoyed dinner a few times. I've enjoyed eating both inside and outside. Outside is fun because you're near Front St. and it provides plenty of people-watching opportunities. They're quick with turning the tables as well, which is good because it's typically very busy. There's rarely a long wait, even though the place is packed. I highly recommend Nick's.