“very, very disappointing”

Pizzetta's Pizzeria
Ranked #79 of 668 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“very, very disappointing”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have been fans of Pizzetta since it opened. We were very regular customers. It used to be our favorite spot, nice and close to home. That was until this past Saturday. When we arrived the place was fairly empty. Sign says "wait to be seated" If we'd obeyed, we might still be standing there. Even after we were acknowledged, the service didn't get much better,

I had chicken parm. Think of a thick tomato sauce straight out of a can, with WAY too much sugar added, and you have the sense of what was on top of a paper-thin chicken cutlet fried to within an inch of its life. I had a Caesar salad which was just fine, but how much can you do with plain old lettuce and some croutons. The dressing was their normal, which is quite good. My husband had spaghetti with meat sauce. He said It was "ok". Then I tasted it for myself. UGH.
It was that same too-sweet tomato sauce with ground meat fried in it; but this time they added WAY too much salt. The garlic knots were wonderful. I was so disappointed in the meal, I almost cried. I would have complained to the owner, but he was way too busy visiting with a table of his friends in the back. And for this we paid more than $30.00, including tax and tip. Won't return to what once was a very favorite spot.

1 Thank Kathy A

North Carolina
“They make a tasty pie!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Pizzetta's has great pizza as well as other Italian food. The service is fast and friendly. It can get crowded at times (it's a popular spot) - so you may have to wait for a table. They make traditional NY style pizza. Prices are reasonable. It's easy to park as they are in a small strip-mall.

• Visited October 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Right on with the light on!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you are looking for a slice this is it. They serve some of the best slices i've had anywhere. The BBQ chicken is smokin good!! Expect to wait if you go during the luch hours M-F.

2 Thank bigfisn
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“New York Italian food”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

But much closer. There is not a bad thing to say except that you may have to wait for a table some times. Another great thing is that it is a Bring Your Own. They are opening in Leland @ Brunswick Forest at the end of November.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“One of the Best!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I love Pizzetta's, as we are quasi-regulars. I love to eat-in and sit down and order, buy my husband loves to get carry-out. Their grilled veggie pizza is hands-down the best pie we've had in Wilmington, and we have lived here 5 years. I love their food. Their antipasto comes 2 ways, you can have it over lettuce (more of a salad) or they offer it as more of a platter. The Cons: Their garlic knots you could fling and break a window or a mirror. We've order them over and over and it seems their better when you're physically at Pizzetta's but forgetta 'bout it if you do delivery or carry-out. Also the pizza prices are a BIT high. But I'm willing to splurge every know and then to get Pizzetta's :)

• Visited September 2012