“Nice”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had a great experience here. I had house wine to drink and was very god, I had soup minestrone and veal saltimboca, it was delicious. I definitely will come back

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Oresti B

wilmington, nc
“Terrific!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had a really great dinner! Food was outstanding. Fresh pasta made daily; great veal dishes; lightest tiramisu I've ever had. Great customer service Not a huge restaurant so go early or get a reservation. Highly recommended.

3 Thank jerryvans
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Good house wine, best shrimp fradiavolo I have had in a while and finished with best espresso. Restaurant is small and cosy. The owner, was nice and the staff were up to the game.

2 Thank Aerotravel
Long Island, New York
“Not What I Expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We dined here mid week. It was fairly busy, however the place is not that big. After being seated, we waited with menus for quite a while before anyone asked if we would like to order a drink, much less dinner! I had asked if the salads were large and the waitress told me yes, so I asked if I could order a small, dinner sized salad, to which she replied, I will tell him to make it small. However, I was charged the regular price for the salad!! The pasta dish I ordered was covered with a thick sauce and the meatballs were an odd texture, not very appetizing. The owner was bringing out the entrees in a hurried fashion, which makes me think they are understaffed. In all, the salad was good but I was overcharged and the entree was not very good, so I dont think I will be going back.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank ivyw
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Mediocre to poor food - spotty service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Gloria's was full which gave me a good feel for the place which was not favorable. The bar is very small. The restaurant was full that means thirteen tables of four. There were only two waitresses with service slow and forgetful. the owner acts as the food runner.

The broth of the soup was very thin and watery, the veal parm had two small scallopinis pounded so very thin it was impossible to taste the meat. The bolongese sauce while tasty was very oily leaving large deposits of oil on the plate, the spaghetti was cold and mushy, and the meatballs were sort of rubbery tasting like there was no beef in them at all. They do give a nice large pour of the house wines which helped the total experience.

• Visited October 2012