“decent”

Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington
Ranked #36 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I looked and looked for somewhere to stay in Wilmington with my mom that was inexpensive. We were only there for one night, and though there was nothing special about this hotel, it did not have bugs in the room or pubic hair in the bathtub. It appeared to be clean. We got a room with 2 double beds, I slept by the window and there were nearly no disturbances outside from outher guests (I'm a light sleeper). I do not think the room was worth $83 for one night, and it would have been nice if they gave me a military discount but since I did not book directly through them they couldn't give it to me, so that may be something else to check. Also online it said I'd pay $73, which to me was a little more reasonable for the room. But I was just happy to sleep in a clean room without bugs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Crystal H
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a value priced hotel, so I have reasonable expectations. I needed a place to dump my bags, sleep and shower. The Inn has a great location because it is one of the closest on the Market Street strip to all the cool stuff you might want to do in downtown Wilmington.

As far as the room, the problems were no remote for the tv (and pushing the controls on the tv did not seem to work) but no big deal for me - I didn't come to Wilmington to watch tv. The tub could have been cleaner (a few hairs, some splashes of the previous tenants shampoo on the tub liner walls). But I've had both these problems and worse in much costlier places. I could have complained and I'm sure these things would have been taken care of, but for me, it was no big deal.

For the price I paid, this place was a great value, clean enough and most importantly, the front desk staff were all great and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nick890TR
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here while visiting Wilmington for the weekend. The reservation was booked beforehand via hotels.com. (Be advised, if you have ANY changes in schedule and need to cancel the room, there are no refunds. This is hotels.com's policy and not something the Inn at Wilmington has control over.)
The rooms are small but clean. Large showers and super-comfortable beds/linens.
The area is safe and patrolled by security. Helpful staff. Free breakfast (pastries/bagels).

Tremendous value. When traveling, we like to spend our money on nice meals, shopping and site seeing, NOT expensive hotel rooms.
Will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotel rooms are OK. Good for overnight to catch a flight.

The staff are excellent. I had an issue with Travelocity getting my reservation over to the hotel but Tinesha took care of everything and was all about customer service!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank DavilaDC
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Call and made reservations in September for my November trip. Asked for a handicap room on the 1st floor. Also made reservations for my brothers room at the same time. I never received my confirmation email. I called twice to make sure my reservations were confirmed for what I asked for. Upon arrival, they did have my reservation, but not for a handicap room and they did not have my brother near the room they had for me. After 20 minutes of trying to get checked it I told them to forget about the handicap room we would just make do with something on the 1st floor. Also the heat did not work in my brothers room

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Terry B
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

we stayed here for 2 nights for $47 a night. the room was clean but basic however the wifi connection was very week. the breakfast had a limited choice (toast, a few pastries and fruit) but this was expected with the low price. overall a pleasant stay for a cheap price.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank beccy113456
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Sometimes "non-franchise" hotels can be terrible. NOT THIS ONE. Domestically owned & operated, the place is in great shape, conveniently located and met my needs for more than a night's stay. Has been updated recently. Rooms minimal but very clean with all expected amenities. Great location for traveler. Staff very informative & helpful. Breakfast grab & go. Sometimes "non-franchise hotels" are just family/relative run to milk as much money out of people while never putting anything back into the facility, You know, never sufficiently cleaned, never replace light bulbs, just junk till they fall down. The folks at this facility are here to stay & provide a decent place and are doing a very good job. Will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends