Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington
$101
Country Inn
Sleep Inn(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$93
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$108
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$110
$127
$116
$129
$109
All reviewshandicap roomrooms are smalla great stayhouse keepinga nice place to staymarket stbagelswrightsville beachdowntownmaids
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Price was good. Average room. Will need some remodeling in near future. Guy at front desk was very friendly. Room was pretty clean. Other guests were a little noisy. Some loitering at night. Seemed like a lot of contractors staying here from out of town during our visit. Didn't use the pool. Not too much of a breakfast. Would not totally steer away from this place but may look for something better in same price range.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank prskra
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent two nights here. The Pros: The room was clean, good location on Market Street, cheap compared to most in the area The Cons: Our non smoking room wreaked of smoke, the satellite tv channels were very snowy looking, the place is old and run down. The nick nacks in some of the windows tells me that some people use this place as a permenant fixture which is bad business because drugs usually follow. I woul not stay here again. I only recommend it for a quick place to lay your head.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Scomo74
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We'd pre-registered, but could not find reservation, at least had hard copy of pre-registration to confirm room. Key card worked intermittantly& stopped working completely the following morning. I had to make two trips to front desk, one to reprogram keycard & the second time to send custodian to try & reprogam key physically, failed! If this is supposed to be the "Inn of Wilimington" I expected better lodging than we were subject to. Daughter's room had to be recleaned & smelled of smoke. Thank God for Febreeze.

Room Tip: Do not believe the brochure hype! Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

These people who are writing "good" and "great" reviews must be confused. This can't the hotel they stayed at.
The hotel didn't have my reservation and instead of offering me a room or a phone - sent me outside to try to contact the company I made the reservation through. It was late on a Friday night and I could not contact anyone and after an hour and a half of calling my phone finally ran out of battery.
Meanwhile, sitting outside on the phone watching taxis arrive and depart with single men. They never went to the front counter but walked around the back of the hotel.
At least 5 different people came to the front desk to ask for a blanket or pillow etc, only to be told they didn't have any. At least 2 different couples came to complain about the cleanliness of the sheets or bathroom and were moved to different rooms. A handicapped man with one leg - rolled in on his wheelchair - after a fall in his room. The phone in his room didn't work and the girl at the front desk just rolled her eyes and let him use the phone to call for help.
By now, you probably think I am making this up.
Finally I asked Dianna at the front desk if she could just give me a room. She said she could and then proceeded to check in 3 people who walked in the door as I was standing there waiting. When I asked her why she wasn't helping me - she said "I don't have to check you in at all". Which was when I finally wised up and left for another hotel.
What a nightmare!!!

Room Tip: choose a different hotel!!!!!!! Not a particularly safe or family friendly location. Not the pretty part of Wilmington!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann P
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I write, with regret, my first negative Tripadvisor review. And it’s a very negative review.

I arrived late in the evening with my wife and two small kids in a cab from the airport. The cab driver offered to wait until I had checked in so he could drive us directly to our room – he advised against walking around at night at that hotel.

Check in was a nightmare. The hotel attendant said he had no reservation for me. I presented the printout of my reservation thru Orbitz. And I explained that I had already paid for the room months ago. After many minutes of the attendant on the phone, looking in the computer, he said he could still find no evidence of a reservation for me, and I would I have to call Orbitz myself. I told him I had a cab meter running and small children I needed to get to bed, and that if he would give me a room key and take my credit card as security, I could get the kids to bed and then come back and straighten things out. He said he would still have to charge me – even though I had prepaid – for a room, even if it turned out that I had already paid for it. I was flabbergasted and pushed back, telling him I had never heard of anything so outrageous. He finally relented, taking my credit card, and promising it wouldn’t be charged so long as I was right that I had a prepaid reservation.

So, after I put my kids to bed, I returned, and Orbitz told him, quite matter of factly, that I had a reservation and that it was paid for and faxed confirmation to him. He promised me that I wouldnt be charged by the hotel for the room because I had paid for it already.

The room was horrible. It was tiny and it stunk, literally. Note the other reviewers who have pointed out the odor. I canceled the additional night we booked for a few days later. And from the people milling around outside, I didn’t feel at all safe. I slept terribly as a result.

Upon return home, what a surprise, I WAS charged – by the hotel – for the night, even though I had prepaid Orbitz for it. Did the hotel fix their error promptly? No. I called the hotel, but the woman on the phone said she couldn’t fix it but promised me a call back THAT DAY to resolve it. No call. I called back the next day, and got the desk attendant who “helped” me the night I was there. Could he fix it? No. And it was like pulling teeth to get him to agree to tell the General Manager that he remembered me and that my card should not have been charged. You'd think he might be a little more helpful given the screwup occurred on his watch and that he had promised me my card wouldnt be charged. Day 3: the general manager calls and fixes it, and apologizes for the delay in fixing it.

Personally, I don't care how cheap this hotel is because there isn't an amount of money low enough to make it worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family