“Basic, but good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Basic, but good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

The food is good, but a little pricey. Just don't expect a pickle, chips, or even a paper plate with your sandwich!

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Clayton, NC
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

We went out of our way to eat at Long Island Eatery because I had a coupon. Everything we tried was great. The best was The Wilmingtonian. Pay the extra for the hoggie type bread for a larger sandwich. We will be back for sure!

• Visited April 2014
“No frills breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a great cappuccino and basic two egg breakfast and went out of my way to try the Long Island Eatery. The restaurant was bright and clean, ESPN loud on a single TV. This is deli casual - all styrofoam, plastic, and parchment paper. Syrup comes in single serve disposable containers. Toast is not on the menu, but they were happy to make some. Jelly is available only on request and it's grape or nothing. This was cheap, no frills breakfast for people who aren't fussy about the meal as long as they don't have to cook or choose off a long menu. The young men working the deli on a slow Sunday morning were accommodating and friendly. It's for this comfortable, familial feeling alone that I'll return, but for a deli lunch.

Visited August 2013
Smithtown, New York
“Not quite Long Island, but pretty close!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Every time I go to visit my daughter at UNCW, we stop by the Long Island Eatery. The sandwiches, salads, and coffee has always been very good. They haven't quite mastered the New York style bread. I asked for my Long Island discount and the owner laughed. I will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank susi37
Wilmington, North Carolina
“First Class Deli”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've never had a deli sandwich I haven't enjoyed from this restaurant. I've also had their meatballs which are wonderful. Same price as "fast food", if not less, but a quality lunch. This restaurant is always clean, the coffee is great and so are the desserts. I'm glad you're here!

• Visited February 2013