“Wonderful food, great price”
Review of Flying Pi Kitchen - CLOSED

Flying Pi Kitchen
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stopped in to grab a quick bite and was blown away by the kind service and great food. The breakfast sandwich was heavenly and the bacon was freshly prepared as were the eggs. The fresh baked goods were delicious and the atmosphere was very cozy and welcoming.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor, we found this darling lunch spot during a quick drive through to return a wedding cake platter. We got there around noon, and I got the last of the special (squash enchiladas). The special soup was already gone!). As soon as a ordered mine, it was erased from the blackboard. I felt sorry for anyone who missed it, but was a very appreciative diner! I liked mine so much, it made me wonder how good the soup was.

It's a simple, clean place, and you can tell love and the freshest ingredients go into each dish. My husband. Of course I saved room for pie, the coconut cream custard. Shhhh - almost as good as my mom's.

I'd be a regular here if I lived in the area. The people were nice, so attentive when you ordered and brought the food. A superb dining experience.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Carol and I had a wonderful lunch here last Wednesday (8/28). It had been several years since I had been to Flying Pi and really enjoyed re-connecting with this upbeat, positive luncheon place.

The food is prepared fresh as you wait. Both our salads were wonderful and tasted fantastic. The staff is friendly, open and fun-loving. There is a picture of Alfred E Neumann on top of one of their counters.

The place is decorated with big windows which allows light to enter the space. The furniture is comfortable and of high quality. The décor has color and artwork.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!! I will definitely return and not wait as long to experience this wonderful café.

1  Thank Frank O
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I ate here for the first time just last week, and wow, was I surprised!!! I had a BLT and a cup of fruit. The cup of fruit was honestly the best cup of fruit at a restaurant I have ever had. The BLT was good as well. My girlfriend and I are always looking for new places to eat and we sure are glad we found this place. Yes, I had driven past it dozens of times, I just finally made my way in. There isn't a lot of inside dining but this restaurant seems to cater a lot to the nearby businesses. My girlfriend and I had a sandwich each, with one side, she had iced tea and our bill was around 20.00. We will DEFINITELY be back!!!! Service was awesome!!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I'd been meaning to check out this little cafe for a while and finally made a point to do so today. Wasn't exactly sure where it is so drove around a few blocks until I found it, and am I glad I did. Being a vegetarian isn't easy in the south, but Flying Pi made a lunch choice easy-butternut squash enchiladas and kale salad. Ordered at the counter and found a comfy two-top in the small, light-filled dining room. Barely settled in and had time to admire the pumpkin-colored walls and my lunch was delivered by a friendly, knowledgeable waitress who chatted briefly when I inquired about the menu. As much as possible ingredients are local and in season and organic. Nice. Triplefecta.

One of the first thoughts I had was "I wish I had my camera to take a photo for tripadvisor." The enchiladas (a Thursday menu special) were delicate and flavorful and the finely chopped kale, with fruit and seeds, was lightly dressed and a perfect accompaniment. I can't wait to go back to try the soups, breakfast sandwiches and salads. On my way out I couldn't resist taking home a freshly baked cinnamon roll for a snack later. Carolyn, the owner/chef informed me she posts the specials of the day on the Flying Pi Facebook page. I will be checking that out regularly!

2  Thank ddblue33