“A wonderful event dinner..”
Review of Manna

Manna
Ranked #37 of 691 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cary, North Carolina
“A wonderful event dinner..”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a terrific dinner here during a wknd getaway. The flounder and monkfish dishes were absolutely incredible and we savored every moment. Highly recommend!!!

San Diego, California
“A flawless dining experience.”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I really can't say enough about our experience at Manna. Every single contact, no matter how small... every detail, no matter how minute, was simply flawless.

We arrived a few minutes late for our reservation, but were received warmly and asked if we would like to enjoy cocktails at the bar for a moment prior to seating (which we did, and they were expertly prepared, right down to a flower garnish in each of the ladies' drinks).

Our waiter was well-spoken and attentive. Moreover, his knowledge of the wine list was impressive, right down to knowing the relative elevations of the vineyards and the impact this has on the wines. When faced with the dilemma of choosing between entrees, he made appropriate recommendations... and steered me towards what turned out to be one of the best meals of my life (for the reader's reference: I would consider my experience to be rather broad from fine restaurants in Tokyo, street food in Thailand, high end resorts in the Maldives, and traveling through or living in the Caribbean, Mexico/Central America and nearly every European country at some point in the past two decades).

After (quite unabashedly) tasting every plate that arrived at our table, I found the flavor profiles to be elevated and balanced and the ingredients from protein to garnish to be treated with great care and skill. And, yes, the wine pairing complementary to each dish.

If you are looking for a truly special fine-dining experience in Wilmington, or anywhere on the eastern seaboard for that matter (without the snooty treatment one might expect in DC, LA or NYC), I highly recommend Manna.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank TarheelMD
Jacksonville, Florida
“The BEST restaurant in Wilmington”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

It was New Year's Eve and our third visit to Manna. Even though they were a bit crowded, from the front of the house to the service to the food, everything was totally wonderful. In addition to their regular menu, a New Year's Eve menu was also available. We choose to order off the regular menu and had an enchanting evening with perfectly cooked risotto, a pork shank that I was tempted to pick up and eat with my hands and a signature cocktail made with St. Germain's. My husband's grouper was cooked to perfection and his quail appetizer was full of wonderful complex flavors. We can't say enough great things about Manna....just go and enjoy!!!

3 Thank beachgirlamy
Long Island, New York
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Sorry to be the one to write the first bad review, but we were very disappointed in this restaurant. It was our first visit to Manna. After being seated, we were deciding on our drinks. Well, the server left us sitting there for a good 10-15 minutes before he returned. (the place wasnt full either). My husband was disappointed to learn the only beer they had were 4 micro brews and nothing else.
We asked if a vegetable could be switched out for a different one, and the server said they dont do that, but he could leave it off the plate!! However, it clearly states at the bottom of the menu that they will accommodate requests, "just ask your server". Hmmmm... While my grouper and my husbands filet were good, the dishes were ruined by over salted sauce and arugula.
The server was very aloof and did little to see that we were enjoying our meal. He came by the table once, and never even asked if I wanted another glass of wine. Overall a disappointing experience and service the place should be ashamed of!! We will not return to Manna.

3 Thank ivyw
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Food and service were both great. A lovely place for dinner. Menu while limited offers at least one entre you will enjoy. Very nice place for a romatic dinner.

1 Thank wvit63