“I don't know how they do it!”

Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet
Ranked #510 of 668 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Wilmington, North Carolina
“I don't know how they do it!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

With the choices available and the amount of food making it's way from the trays to the tables, its beyond me how the owners make a profit. Restaurant clean, well lit and sufficient staff to accomidate customer needs. Al this at a price enabling any family to enjoy a meal.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Harry P

High Point, North Carolina
“This is the standard large Chinese buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We went here on Christmas day, yep, Christmas day. Surprisingly, there was a brisk business on Christmas day. We laughed as we walked in about the whole Christmas Story movie thing. But, I digress.

This Chinese Buffet is exactly the same as every other large Chinese buffet that I have been to in recent years. Mediocre sushi, mediocre deserts, decent Chinese food. Personally, I thought it was pretty good. It didn't inspire me to wax philosophic but, it was just a decent meal at a decent price. The sushi is very typical of what you find at Asian restaurants in America. It's very tame and not very fishy. But, I suppose that better suits the American taste preference.

They do offer a Japanese style menu where they cook food to order. The Chinese food selection is large and exactly what you find on every other Chinese buffet.

The restaurant seems clean enough. I would definitely go back.

• Visited December 2012
“What a great VALUE!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

You can not beat the value and freshness of the food at this buffet, this is the best chinese buffet I have ever been to. There is never a shortage on quality and selection here. We have eaten here with our kids twice now and each time the standard was the same. The service is good and the price for our family to eat can't be beat! If you go anywhere else, you will be missing out and will be disappointed you skipped out on this place, 5 STARS!

• Visited December 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
“GOOD PRICE - ALWAYS GOOD FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

This restaurant is another on our "hit list" of preferred establishments when we eat out. And, generally, we try to have a "date" at least once a week so we go with what we know - or want to try - and if it isn't a movie or a play - then its to have some good grub at a fair price.

Hibachi is a place we to to when I can't convince the wife to go to Szechuan 132. Hibachi never disappoints. Its grilled while you wait, the price is good, portions are sizeable, and its got a trendy vibe since so many students call it home.

I have never been disapponted - having been there at least 10 times.

While this is heavy on locals, those looking for consistenly good food at a good price should put this restaurant on the list for a visit during any visit to Willmington.

• Visited June 2012
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Best Chinese and Japanese buffet in Wilmington. I tried other similar buffets in the area, and they just can't compete with Hibachi. The food is so tasty and the quality is excellent for a buffet. Anyone looking for a chinese buffet need not look further than Hibachi Grill.

Visited November 2012